Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brad969
Reel Rookie

Roku 12.5 update broke Xfinity remote

How do I rollback to Roku 12. Now I have to keep 2 remotes handy. Volume no longer works.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Roku 12.5 update broke Xfinity remote

@Brad969 Go into settings on your Roku, remotes & devices. Try setting up remote for TV control again

0 Kudos
Brad969
Reel Rookie

Roku support had me try that. Only options were for Roku remotes. It is like the code to program Xfinity remote is no longer valid on my Roku TV. I tried every code listed online as well as what support gave me(which were the same codes).

I know it is not the remote because I have 2 that worked fine prior to update and both don't work now. It happened immediately after the 12.5 update 

0 Kudos
Jeffd76
Reel Rookie

Mine did it as well and I can't seem to fix it 

0 Kudos
FFD

It also no longer accepts codes for DISH remotes

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted about this issue!
We'd love to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing. May we know what Roku device you're using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku stream bar, Roku TV-Specify) What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeffd76
Reel Rookie

John. My issue with the xfininty remote is happening on a TCL roku TV. I have tried reprogramming it using all supplied codes. I have tried using 2 xr11 remotes 1 xra remote and a xr15 remote. I have factory reset the remotes and will not work. All remotes fully batteries and was working before the update.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Jeffd76 Sorry, I think I misunderstood the original poster.  I thought Roku remote was not working on TV.  Now as I understand the problem the Xfinity remote will no longer work with a TCL Roku TV.  Try using the codes for an Insignia TV.  Some TCL TVs use same codes as many Insignia TVs.

Jeffd76
Reel Rookie

That worked thanks for the suggestion 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@FFD @Brad969 Try the codes for Insignia TVs.  Some TCL Roku TVs use Insignia codes.