Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amcad2car

Resume Watching & Watched Shows No longer working

I'm using the Roku Ultra streaming device (actually 6) for the past year to stream YouTube TV.  Recently, within last 3 days, shows that I've watched in their entirety in my library do not show as WATCHED as they did in the past.  Shows that I have watched 1-2 times still show as not been watched. 

Also, live shows and/or shows in my library that I do not watch all the way through to the end - use to show in the RESUME WATCHING and pickup from where you stopped.  They no longer show up as Resume and there are shows there that will not go away even though the show has been watched.

I submitted to YouTube and they claim it's a Roku issue.  I seriously doubt that but I'll post here and see if anyone else is having the same problem.

1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Resume Watching & Watched Shows No longer working

I seriously doubt it too.

In the first place, your viewing history has to be kept on YouTube's servers, not Roku's, so it will be accessible no matter how you access your YouTube account - computer, phone, various streaming devices.

YouTube supplies a version of their app to run on the Roku platform, but it's YouTube's app.  It may be that YouTube's Roku implementation has a problem, but it's ultimately YouTube's problem to fix. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos