Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reverie
Reel Rookie

Restore set to "on" after power interruption

How does one set this 50S421 so that it will return to the "on" condition after a power interruption? It does not seem to have this functionality, and I would like to control it with a Wi-Fi power switch. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Restore set to "on" after power interruption

@Reverie 

I'm going to assume that's a Roku TV. You didn't say what Roku model you have (the number you provided looks like a TV manufacturer number, possibly a TCL brand, not the associated Roku model number).

If you're talking about a scenario where you're watching TV, the power goes out briefly (maybe for just a second), and the TV is off but you want it on, then I deal with that by having my TV (not a Roku TV, but that doesn't matter) connected to an uninterruptible power supply. In fact, I have my router and modem connected to it, so a power interruption won't cause them to reboot and take me a couple of minutes to get back online. Amazon has them, as do Walmart, Best Buy, Target, and other places.

That doesn't deal with the WiFi power switch, so it seems like you have a different reason for wanting this. What is it you're really after?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Reverie
Reel Rookie

Yes, it's a TCL Roku TV, the first modern TV I've had that didn't restore itself to the current power state after having its power cut. This is all because I want to control it with voice command e.g. Alexa/Google. "Hey Google, I'm going downstairs"... I want the lights and TVs toggled, the window shades drawn or opened and the thermostats adjusted. At this point, I'll try a macro app with the Roku app to accomplish this, then just go buy another TV. No vote for TCL here.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Reverie 

Google Assistant lets you set up macro type of commands. And Google Assistant can control the Roku. Google calls them Routines. You should be able to configure a routine to do all of those things. Since Roku has the capability to issues and "off" command to the TV, that should be doable.

I understand Echo can do the same thing, but I've not used that feature. But I've created Google Routines for my Google Home devices.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Reverie
Reel Rookie

Worked out well; I simply needed to link the Roku account to Google. It's a little buggy, but at least I can get it to turn on & off and incorporate it into my routines (which I routinely use). Thanks for your input Smiley Happy

0 Kudos