Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaina
Channel Surfer

Remove "All Things Food" & Others

Jump to solution

When I turned on my TV this morning, a huge banner reading "ALL THINGS FOOD" had appeared between the "Home" and "Streaming Store" links on my Roku interface. There are also now three annoying, useless categories under my chosen streaming channels titled "ALL THINGS FOOD," "ALL THINGS HOME," and "SPORTS."

I don't need and don't want the moronic, drivel-filled content undoubtedly included in these categories. They're cluttering up my interface and wasting my time since I have to click past them to get to the items I want.

Roku, remove these asinine categories now, or provide a way for users to hide them.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ajuliansr

Re: Remove "All Things Food" & Others

Jump to solution

Used settings/home screen/(select item) then hide.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Ed1965

Jump to solution

I agree with the previous poster. We don't want your **bleep** on our home screens. At least give us the courtesy of being able to remove it.

Furthermore, they try to push options (on the left hand side of the screen) that I don't want. My home screen has "Home," "Search," "Settings" and "Streaming Store." If I want additonal options I will put them on myself.

So... I will make it plain in language that you (hopefully) understand:

Roku, stop pushing your **bleep** on us!!!! WE DON'T WANT IT!!!!!

Jump to solution

stop messing up our Rokus with millenial garbage menu changes!

gnonny11
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Settings > Home Screen > All Things Food > Hide

You can switch from Show to Hide for any category under Home Screen.

Roku Ultra//SonyBravia55 TV-4K//Ethernet
Favorite/most used channels: Vudu, Netflix, hoopla, Kanopy, PlutoTV, Peacock
Shaina
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No, gnonny11, not for these new items. It's not possible. Otherwise, I wouldn't have posted my comment. There's another thread devoted to this same issue with 36 pages at last count with other customers all ticked off that they can't remove or hide these stupid new categories.

gnonny11
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Okay, sorry. My Roku Ultra has the Show or Hide option for All Things Food. That's really strange and sucks that it's not an option for all users.

IMG_5499.jpeg

IMG_5500.jpeg

IMG_5501.jpeg

I do have those categories in my menu, but I have to scroll down so far that I would rarely see them, so easy to ignore:

IMG_5502.jpeg

0 Kudos
Shaina
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for taking the time to provide pictures; much appreciated. Turns out an option was added to remove the obnoxious All Things Food banner from the left side of the interface, on my TCL Roku TV, but there's still no way to remove the new categories from the bottom of screen. Since I don't have that many streaming channels on my home screen to begin with, these categories are obtrusive and I will continue to consider them an example of crass advertising on Roku's part.

0 Kudos
gnonny11
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Totally understandable. I agree. Yeah everyone should be able to have their home screen the way they prefer. Should be optional and not forced. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We're sorry for the inconvenience and just wanted to welcome you here to the Roku Community.

We are aware that there have been changes made to your Home screen, and we value your feedback. We'll see to it that this gets sent to the relevant team.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ajuliansr

Jump to solution

Used settings/home screen/(select item) then hide.