Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kinari
Reel Rookie

Remove categories (movies and tv shows)

As shown in the link here,  https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/Remove-quot-Categories-quot-and-quot-Browse-...

Three was an option to remove the categories,  quite recently you added it too.  Why did you remove it and bloat our home screen again? Give us the option to remove categories back. I don't buy stuff on roku, so I don't need the tv shows or movies thing. I only watch YouTube. 

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Wanderglobe
Channel Surfer

Re: Remove categories (movies and tv shows)

Just chining in here. Yet again Roku has seen fit to add **bleep** to my home screen that I don't want. Will you stay out of my effing TV. It's mine. You made it and I paid for it and our relationship is over. FFS this is becoming a monthly occurrence. I run Plex server. It has my movies and TV shows. I'm not buying your **bleep**.

I work in IT and AV and I will never buy a Roku device again nor will I recommend it to my friends, family, enemies, anyone.  A billion dollar company scraping out more nickels and dimes because it's just not rich enough yet. Your employees must be embarrassed by this.

0 Kudos
Kinari
Reel Rookie

Clearly Roku don’t give a **bleep**

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Yes, they added it back in. But I just removed them again and so far they're still turned off. Sometimes it's not so much intentional, instead simply a programming error. I caught a bug about this in beta testing and the did get it fixed. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Kinari
Reel Rookie

There is no option to remove it for me, so this is bull **bleep** handling of devices by Roku 

0 Kudos
atc98092

It's available on all of my Roku devices that I've checked recently. It's under Settings/Home Screen, although I don't remember specifically how it's labeled under there. I think it's Recommendation Rows or something like that.

Dan

Kinari
Reel Rookie

Oh, I know where it is. It is all switched off, yet the recommendations are still there, as if the options actually do nothing.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Weird. I just checked my Premiere and I have recommended rows set to hide and they don't appear on the home screen. Looking at my Ultra last night it was the same way. 

Dan