Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greeng13

Re: Remove 'On Now" row from home screen?

Never had this before. But now all of my Roku devices have it.

I don't want it, I didn't ask for it, and I certainly don't need it.

Get rid of it!! Or, let me/us turn it off 

ETA, you actually can turn it off. I'm just ticked that it appears at all...

Settings --> Home Screen --> Recommendation Rows --> [Select] "Hide"

Enger
Reel Rookie

Glad the option to remove this has been provided.

(I was surprised to find "On Now" in the home screen.  Apparently it has been there for months?  This shows how often we use the Roku ultra, vs the various TVs' built-in streaming systems.  One of the streaming channels does not have an App on the Samsung TV.  So I turned-on its Roku...)

0 Kudos
TxTom1980
Reel Rookie

Done!

0 Kudos
lordorwell
Reel Rookie

"NOW" you can.  You used to not be able to.  I don't mind them adding something when the only way to let us know they added it is to turn it on automatically, as long as we can turn it off again.   Having it be there without the option to remove it broke scripting in my remotes and the only thing I use my roku tv for in my bedroom is the input so it added keypresses to get into the pc menu.

0 Kudos
BogusAddy
Channel Surfer

I just received an email telling me I'd earned 25 Kudos.

This isn't some ego contest.  I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR %^&*$ KUDOS!

And if you ever again try to force me to sign your new Terms and Conditions -- else never again use my own television -- I'll put the %^&* thing on the curb!  I never signed a contract with you in the first place, so there are no updates to what never existed.  Further, you attempted to literally hijacked my device and hold it hostage in order to force me to take the action YOU wanted.  I believe that may be called illegal seizure, and I'm now actively looking to join a class action suit against Roku.

By the way, if your new TAC was agreed to by my granddaughter because she REALLY wanted to watch Super Book, then your mouthpiece wasted a perfectly good big purple crayon writing the legalese garbage, because 5-year-olds aren't allowed to sign contracts, you idiots!

If you EVER made one red cent off me, then you owe me; not the other way around, so stick your Kudos, get your hands off my devices, and get out of my home!

lordorwell
Reel Rookie

I agree and I'm giving you a kudo to show it.

0 Kudos

Its been over 6 months and more home  buttons are being added. Not removed. Added! Please stop adding additional buttons to the home screen. I am now on a mission to remove the buttons or change products.

0 Kudos
lordorwell
Reel Rookie

there's a setting now in the menu.  You can get rid of it.

0 Kudos
Kabuki82

yes, please remove that row. It’s just a bunch of **bleep**. 

0 Kudos
lordorwell
Reel Rookie

turn it off.  As long as you're fully updated, it's in settings to hide that row.

0 Kudos