Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfgsrzwer
Roku Guru

Re: Remove 'On Now" row from home screen?

This is gaslight speak for "too bad".

dfgsrzwer
Roku Guru

All you are going to get are platitudes. Roku doesn't  care and in fact did it purposely, and the moderators can't do anything about it other than to try and placate you and hope you stop complaining about it eventually.

dfgsrzwer
Roku Guru

It's back.

dognduck
Binge Watcher

The "On Now" is gone! yahoooooooooo...

It has been gone for 2 days now.

Thank you Roku.

Noneed

Can you please get rid of the On Now bar? Seriously annoying, trying to make me click on something by accident. Swear you want me to try and pay for something. Very predatory guys.

WD5DHK

Mine is still there and in the way. Tried doing a check for updates. It didn't help. 

It's an eyesore. 

Kirkstone
Reel Rookie

Seems to have disappeared from our new TCL. Thanks.

TxTom1980
Reel Rookie

Agreed on the disgust of the "feature creep" which we cannot remove. Most of us take the time to tweak the home screen to exactly how we want to use it and now suddenly there's this "On Now" bar that cannot be removed or re-positioned.  The bloat on the home screen is becoming intolerable and and has me re-thinking on Roku.  My AppleTV has kept the screen clean and I'm relying on it more and more to keep it simple.  I'm less and less enthused about using or recommending Roku to others.

JohnDG

Suddenly appeared today and I hate it. The only thing I want on the right are the channels I will or might watch (ie - FULL CONTROL). I don’t mind having Live TV on the menu on the left as an option (and I can disable if I want), but I don’t give two flips about On Now.

I have it so I go right 1 to get to my most viewed app and this change forces an extra button press. Most annoying is it happened while the screen was blank and I was pre-navigating and got some BS news.

Never. Add. Something. New. BEFORE. Our. Customizable. Apps.

I wouldn’t even complain if it were after. I just scrolled and saw they also added “Browse” (don’t care about) & “Categories” (don’t care about). Just get rid of, let US get rid of, or move to the bottom “On Now” and any new **bleep** you want to add and I’ll be content.

[edit: also, oversensitive filter much? Just for something that rhymes with rap? Would you rather I call it what it is: garbage?]

I really want the "on now" row gone. I spent 40 minutes going through all the settings, trying to shut this c-r-a-p off. Then I come here and find an army of people having the same issue. After reading all the comments, hoping to find an answer, all I find is roku telling us "too bad, so sad, don't care what you want". Thanks roku, you're the best.