Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dognduck
Binge Watcher

Re: Remove 'On Now" row from home screen?

Still waiting for an update, is the "On Now" section on my home screen going to be removed?

dognduck
Binge Watcher

Another day of waiting for an update...

How do I remove the "On Now" section on my home screen?

Thank you

BogusAddy
Channel Surfer

I'm addressing these comments to:

Community Moderator Roku, Takashi     and
Community Moderator Roku, John B     or anyone else higher up who can actually answer a question.

Is "On Now" going to be changed or eliminated, or are we all just being "allowed" to vent for a while?

Who is there with the authority to actually address this issue with whom we might have a little chat?

If this issue isn't going to be fixed at all, at least man-up long enough to say so, instead of the "we hear you..." garbage you've been spewing.

WILL THIS BE FIXED OR NOT?

dognduck
Binge Watcher

Checking in another day.. Still no answer.

How do I remove the "On Now" section on my home screen?

Thank you

Mikejbud

I also have this problem.  Roku, please remove this row of advertising from the home screen.  Thank you!

DavefromFlint
Reel Rookie

It's been a month now, when will you remove this useless marketing item from our screens?

0 Kudos
jackstraw65
Binge Watcher

After trying to express this grievance via their customer service chat (malfunctioned-- could not 'send' my replies), I called the phone number they then provided. Tried to make the agent aware that this 'On Now' crud is an awful eyesore cluttering my home page and is clearly not wanted by the "community". He consulted with a supervisor, then  claimed Roku had not heard this complaint before but "not to worry", as the 'On Now' row would not be permanent; quite evasive as to when it would be removed. Nearly two weeks later, I recoil at still seeing that corporate junk littering my home screen every time I access Roku, with no option to hide/delete it. They may need more feedback from us at 816-272-8106.

marcuspohl

As a person who has a Roku on every single one of their TVs and a TCL Roku TV as their primary, I will never buy a Roku again and will switch to some other platform if I cannot remove this new ‘On Now’ section at the top of my Home Screen. The first thing I see on my TV should not be ads, especially for content I have zero interest in.

I even removed all the various Roku channels that this section is obviously tied to and it won’t go away, all of the recommended content still launches and plays. Guess it’s not really removed after all!

cuulblu1
Channel Surfer

I suspect we will have to wait for a new firmware version for this to be removed. Assuming they are actually going to remove it. Firmware updates average about 6 months apart. You can see release dates in the link below. It is unlikely we will see this changed before April 2024.

https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/release-notes/roku-os-release-notes.md

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@cuulblu1, these changes to the Home Screen that Roku has been making lately seem to be unrelated to the software version.  Roku can apparently make changes at will.  I have yet to see the "On now" row on any of my Roku devices that are on the latest software.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.