Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Druckenmiller
Reel Rookie

Recommendations for the Free TV part of home page

There are two things that drive me crazy about Free TV on Roku.

1. There is no apparent search feature. Which makes finding your favorite show initially or again a real pain.

2. The keep watching should be at the top two levels of the menu. There have been times I have glimpsed the "Keep Watching" then it's gone. Again finding ones favorite show the second time can be a real pain resulting in frustration and just plain giving up.

If Roku shares ad revenues it would seem making the app easier and more reliable would be in Roku's best interest?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Recommendations for the Free TV part of home page

@Druckenmiller 

There is a "Search" feature on the Home Screen of the Roku.  Right above "Streaming Channels".  With Search, you can search for both content and channels, whereas Streaming Channels is limited to searching for channels to install.

There is also a "Search" inside of the Roku Channel.  It is located above "Featured".  Just press the Up Arrow on your remote.

As for the "Continue Watching", it is located 3rd from the top.  Featured (1st), TV(2nd), Continue Watching (3rd), Save List (4th), then the various categories/genres of content.

Probably just a matter of getting used to the layout as each Channel/app is different.  Basically, on the Roku Channel, Roku features are located near top, then content follows.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Druckenmiller
Reel Rookie

The keep watching does not appear on my Featured Free page.

I did not realize the scope of the search function, so that can be used to locate previously watched shows.

As an added bonus the search page saves a few or your previous searches making it easier get back where you left off.

Thanks for the assist

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Druckenmiller 

There really isn't a universal "keep watching" section on Roku.

Each channel/app may or may not have a "continue watching" section.  If you can remember which channel/app you watched a show from, then you can launch that channel/app and see if they have such a "continue watching" section.

There were mentions that Roku was working on a universal "resume" feature, but not sure if still being developed for a future update down the line.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos