Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CodeRifter

Re: Theme option missing from settings

My Hitachi Roku TV model 49R80 also has no theme menu. The background is an awful snow cartoon video and I can't find any way to change it! Super lame!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Hi @CodeRifter

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having trouble with the theme of your TV, is this the first time you encounter this issue?

We need to collect some information of your Roku device so that we can get the best resolution for this issue.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software version/build (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Can you take a screen shot for themes is missing from your settings, so that we can further investigate your issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,

Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mchave05

I am also having the same issue! I am not sure how to get the theme option back because I used to have it, but I have been looking to change it and the theme button isn’t there anymore. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Itzabelle,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with changing your theme. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

One suggestion we would like for you to try is you can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now and see if you notice any difference.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to change the theme pack to adjust the look of the Roku® interface | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HeadRed4

I am having this same issue with the theme option missing. When I go to follow the instructions (Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now) I don't have the System update option. What should I do? 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HeadRed4,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We value your inquiry and interest in learning more about accessing this certain feature on your Roku device. You have nothing to worry about on your end because the software update and the system update are the same. Just a different name but the same functions. 

Please let us know if you have further queries, and we'll be glad to assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos