Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TXGRAN77

Re: Software update message

My message says, Update available version 10.5.0.4201 to version 10.5.0.4208. This will take a few minutes. You will not be able to use your device until the updates are complete. Once the updates are installed, the affected devices will restart automatically. Highlighted in Purple(UPDATE NOW) below that is (UPDATE LATER).  At this point I am unable to click on either option. I have the Roku express for 6mos. Never a problem. HELP

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Software update message

Hi @TXGRAN77,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

Are you using a Roku player or Roku TV? 

We recommend restarting your Roku player, go to Settings > System > System restart. If you have a Roku TV, Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart and unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes then plug it back in to resolve the issue.

We would also suggest trying to remove and reinsert the batteries of your Roku remote to check if the button is working.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos