Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku plus Series TV Not Connecting to Bluetooth headphones

Jump to solution

Hi @hikersc,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

The confusion over using your Bluetooth headphones with your Roku device is something we can help clear up.

In most situations, when your Bluetooth headphones are powered on, they will automatically try to connect to the most recent device. If auto-detect is turned off or your headphones do not automatically connect, you will need to manually connect your headphones when you want to use private listening. However, you can change auto-detect in the Settings menu on your Roku streaming device.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Wireless headphones
  5. Select your headphones
  6. Toggle Auto-detect

Learn more here: How to use Bluetooth headphones for private listening on your Roku streaming device.

We hope the suggestions above get everything sorted out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ScottMargolis
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Interesting.  I am having the identical problem as you and SoalTraveler above.  I am pasting the Community Link here.  The Plus Series TVs lose the Bluetooth config once the TV is powered off or is off for an hour or so.  The two symptoms I see are 1) Turning on the TV and going to Wireless Headphones is missing my Airpods completely.  I restart the TV as you did - and then they are there and work/connect perfectly.  and 2) if I open the Headphones case (it gets seen by paired devices), the TV may see it once I go to the Wireless Headphone menu; yet the Connection (as you mentioned) does not happen and times out after the 30 seconds.  I've tried two different new Roku 55" Plus Series TVs and the problem is common.  Here is my link:

Re: 55" Ultra Plus TV Bluetooth Pairing Issues

Unsure when this will be addressed

0 Kudos
ScottMargolis
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Any updates from Roku on this issue?

0 Kudos
Soaltraveler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's been a known issue. At least, there's some way to use this feature when you want it. Until they fix it, just restart and enjoy. Take care everyone. Thanks to the forum for allowing others better understanding this issue.

ScottMargolis
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Agreed that the workaround is ok for now - but I’d hope Roku would address this ASAP as this is their relatively new flagship product line being sold nationwide here.  

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ScottMargolis@Soaltraveler,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue when using Bluetooth headphones with your Roku device. Please be aware that, as of the moment, we currently don't have any information to share.

We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. We're hoping for your patience and understanding. Further developments about the investigation will be provided in an update in this thread.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Aligator

Jump to solution

I have the 40" Select Series FHD Roku TV and like other TV's in my home that have Audio Line outputs that I can plug a generic Audio transmitter into and listen to content with my Bluetooth sleep mask just fine, this process on the Roku TV disabled the front speakers on TV because I plugged my transmitter into the 3 mm headphone jack on the side of the TV which I assume functions as a audio line output, but my spouse says she can't hear audio from TV speakers while transmitter is plugged into the TV.... Is there a solution for the transmitter to work and front speakers to function at the same time?

Roku Select series 40" FHD 1080P

Model: 40R2A5R

0 Kudos