Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rxman59
Reel Rookie

ROKU apparently installed OS 10.5 NOW my ROKU stick frozen. How to fix?!?!??!?

When I switch to the ROKU, I get a message that says ROKU did a software upgrade to 10.5.  Now, my screen is frozen with this stupid message and I cannot proceed to view my channels.  It gives me an option to see what's new or NO thanks, but I am NOT able to toggle to NO thanks.  Anyone else have this problem?  What is fix?  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU apparently installed OS 10.5 NOW my ROKU stick frozen. How to fix?!?!??!?

@Rxman59 

IT-Crowd.jpg

Seriously, some people have resolved it by simply unplugging the Roku, waiting a minute, then plugging it back in. Not everyone, but many have. Let's start there and see what happens next.

If it doesn't resolve it, let us know if there are any "beeps" or anything when pressing buttons on the remote. You indicated it wasn't allowing you to move the selection cursor, but are there beeps?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos