Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheSanMI

Re: REMOVE recommended for you on roku home screen

Jump to solution

Yes please get this garbage off of my home screen (or at least the ability to disable it) or I will be tossing 4 Roku's in the garbage.

0 Kudos
AQinCO
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine went away yesterday and it's still gone as of this morning! Hopefully it stays gone! I'll say thank you to Roku then for listening to its users.

Trasd
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Here I was thinking Roku cared about its customers and listened to our input!  How can I be so stupid and naive?  I keep thinking the best of businesses and people.  Shame on me.

No sooner than "Recommendations..." is taken off, "Categories" and "Browse" show up on my (MY) homescreen.

Roku, let me put it so a kindergartener can understand: Leave my homescreen alone!  You're not helping, you're just pissing people off.  Get a clue and listen to your users before we all become x-users.

For those with the same problem: https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/Remove-quot-Categories-quot-and-quot-Browse-...

JoeC28
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't like the "Categories" and "Browse" rows.  That said, I appreciate that they put them underneath my apps and not on top of them.  They are down with the apps I hardly ever use anyway.  Not a deal breaker.  The "recommended" row at the top almost was, so I'm glad it is gone.  Apple TV is a last resort because I really don't want Apple products in my house so I'm trying to make it work with Roku.

BamaInArk
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

For those who are seeing "Recommended" removed it just appeared on my Home screen on Dec 2nd.    Not sure how they are managing this but it is still apparently being pushed to some devices.   And it seems to appear without a software update, which I'm not sure how.

0 Kudos
Art101
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks @Kimber004. Your post made my day.

"... there still hasn’t been any type of explanation or apology for the inappropriate content plastered across my 5 year old's tv."

That sums it all up. Roku doesn't care about the safety of your child. Roku's primary goal is to suck as much money from our bank accounts as possible. Roku is all about short term money grubbing profit. And that's why Roku will eventually fail.

0 Kudos
Art101
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I feel your pain @irishkhan. Roku doesn't give a flying fart about you or me or anybody. It's so sad. Roku is all about short term money grubbing profit. Ethics, morality, simple human decency do not apply.

0 Kudos
Art101
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Art101
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for your post, denhow. It helps me wonder if maybe there's hope for Roku as a viable, ethical, useful platform. Probably not, but maybe.

On my end, Roku has destroyed my Home page even better than before. Related screen shot attached.

The depth of my hatred for Roku is almost complete.

roku-recommended-12-4-23.jpg

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I wanted to chime in as well. I've never posted on this page before. But fan I agree.  Let us remove the recommendations tap. 

0 Kudos