Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ibaldsg
Reel Rookie

Re: REMOVE recommended for you on roku home screen

Jump to solution

Roku team, THANK YOU for removing the recommended row! I am having a much better experience now that it's gone!

0 Kudos
Kimber004
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Art101I agree!! They dropped the ball BIG TIME!! I honestly can’t believe so many users are still dealing with this issue, and that there still hasn’t been any type of explanation or apology for the inappropriate content plastered across my 5 year olds tv. 

ZaneS

Jump to solution

Agreed I will no long be spending my hard earned money on some stupid device, that won't let me turn off a stupid tab. like come off your high horse or your going to lose all your customers. 

0 Kudos
Scott2055

Jump to solution

My home screen looks like the side of a NASCAR with all the **bleep** you put on it.

irishkhan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

OMG. What the H3LL is Roku doing. They removed the channel numbers from the Live Tv Guide making it impossible to find anything.  The System Update version 12.5 Build 4176 has destroyed my tv.  The Caption size is tiny or huge and the picture aspect ratio is zoomed in or letterboxed with black vertical bars.  Now this sh*t with multiple rows of "Recommended" "Browse" and "Movies" blocking my Home Screen. I have gone to settings for Home Screen and clicked box to Hide everything but that DOES NOT WORK.  I have been a Roku user since the 1st generation of products & suddenly this year it's one bad thing after another. I give up.  I need to get different brand for tv & streaming devices.  Tell everyone you meet to avoid Roku !!

denhow
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The way Roku's testing scheme works is indeed mysterious! I've been reading all these reports but none of this has appeared on my system. Finally, earlier this week the Recommended row appeared on my screen. I didn't like it but decided I could live with it, what choice do I have? But then, about 24 hours after it arrived, it disappeared! And I'm back to the previous uncluttered screen.

I'm just not sure what kind of data they were looking for from a 24-hour test!

Trasd
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Finally, my "recommended for you..." bar is gone.  I hope this is the beginning of Roku deciding not to join the money grubbing trends of today and maintaing a higher level of customer service and satisfaction.

Roku, learn from this experience and hold yourself to a higher standard.  Ads, lack of options, and "our way or the highway" are not good, long-term business plans.  Continue listening and you will still be here when your competors are a bad memory.

0 Kudos
JoeC28
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I left Roku a week ago because of this "recommended" row, but ended going back.  Now that I'm back, I'm happy to see the row gone!  I tried Chromecast with Google tv.  I did like that the recommendations were actually good, and you could nicely integrate YouTube TV, Pluto, and Plex.  However, the remote  was too small and slippery, and the interface was very commercialized.  Further, it was a little slow.  Worst of all though, I had to keep resetting my perfectly fine 1 gig router everyday just to get it to work.  Plain and simple, Roku just works.  I'm glad to be back, and I'm glad they got rid of the "Recommended" row.

fudar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I realize all you see is is dollar signs that’s great my opinion is your people gonna leave you I’m gonna leave you I’m gonna go get a fire stick or a fire TV or something but I’m so **bleep**ing pissed I’m not an ad market I don’t like sports stop trying to shove them down my throat or other peoples throat take that **bleep** away, please

0 Kudos
fudar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

you know what all these new features did for me. It made me uninstall your Roku app. I will never go to it again. I used to watch it sometimes now I will never watch it again thanks for that and advise everybody uninstall the Roku app

0 Kudos