Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: REMOVE recommended for you on roku home screen

Jump to solution

Happy to see there us now a way to disable that **bleep**. Another owner of roku devices making it known that they are on the thinnest of ice. Pisses me off that you pay for something but don't really own it. There are alternatives.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Look into a pihole. I haven't seen an add in almost 5 years.

0 Kudos
riffenrun
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nice to know I wasn't the only one that joined the community for the first time after years of using Roku out of an irrestible need to complain.

geisinger

Jump to solution

This was so annoying. Thanks for explaining how to get rid of it. But, the default should be OFF!

0 Kudos
Chrisc151
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for this post!  This is a change that should not be on by default!

0 Kudos
Videea
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You might say that I am on the fence about this feature.  It has some recommendations that I have found were wonderful, however, it also makes recommendations that I absolutely will NEVER watch (even if I am paid).  I simply want to remove certain recommendations, or mark them as "Never".  I tried accessing the "options" and it only gave me the option to mark/unmark it as a favorite (one button) and the other was to exit that menu, so maybe instead of "options" that menu could be named "option".  Anyways, I recommend a way to mark certain shows as "Never".

0 Kudos
BFW144

Jump to solution

I purchased this Roku TV for my elderly Mom since it was relatively easy to set up for her to use without much scrolling by placing the app she uses at the top left of the home screen.

Recently a Recommended Row appeared at the top of the screen, causing holy havoc for my Mom since the app she used no longer was the first option.

I went to Settings > Home Screen > Recommended Rows and set Recommended Rows to Hide.  

Maddeningly the Recommended Rows re-enabled itself (there's no way my Mom could have done this and no one else has used the TV since I hide the Recommend Rows).  I don't want to constantly have to rehide the Recommended Rows.

For pete's sake, either delete the Recommended Row option or make 'hide' the default.

Mikey0

Jump to solution

Is there a reason that after doing the above the row keeps appearing? I've used Roku's since the original Roku boxes, and I'm close to giving up on them with the way these are just arbitrarily switching things around to advertise new things to me, then undoing everything I do to put it back the way I had it.

tessdallas

Jump to solution

So annoying! Just another click to get to the desired app. Please remove or make optional to move the app. 

0 Kudos
Art101
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

"Roku is real close to exceeding my tolerance for idiotic additions to my already overstressed anxiety levels."

Hello, riffenrun. Thanks for your post. It's sad to watch Roku destroy itself through avarice and shortsighted corporate greed.

Roku's marketing team seams to have found a workaround for users who hate that evil Recommendation Row nightmare. A new menu item appeared on my home screen yesterday.

With no warning, without my permission, a new item appeared: The Spiderwick Chronicles. It's marketed as a Roku "original series" I did not ask for and therefore will never watch. Once again, Roku raped my home screen. 

roku-spiderwick.png