Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
molson1946

Quick or fast Start in setting

Attempting to use Alexa to control channels on Vizio TV operating with Roku USB stick and stream bar, instructions are saying go to setting and select fast start. There is no option with the setting selection. What am I missing to use Alexa for channel command? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Quick or fast Start in setting

"Fast TV start" only applies to Roku TVs, not Roku devices connected to a TV.  Since Roku has really confused what the term "channel" means, what exactly are you trying to do?  You should be able to launch a Roku app with Alexa (although I've never tried it), but if you're trying to change channels on your TV then that's something different.  I don't know about the ability to choose a channel within The Roku Channel, but that may be possible.  I love Alexa, but the one thing I don't use it for is to control my Roku devices, so others may have better information on what's possible.

You may have seen this, but if not...

How to use Amazon Alexa to control your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support 

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos