Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purple screen and software update

I have only had this Roku for a couple of weeks. I was watching tv yesterday and it froze and lost connection and wouldn’t do anything. I have done a full reset of my tv and my Roku and unplugged everything multiple times. I finally got to the point where I could connect to my network again however, it couldn’t update. I tried waiting multiple times and gave it a few minutes and still won’t update. Now my tv is just a purple screen and won’t do anything. Any solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Purple screen and software update

How are you? @WallyTheCow,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having an issue updating your software. We are happy to help. 

To perform a software update, your Roku player or Roku TV must have a good connection to the internet. If, for some reason, this connection is unreliable or an unexpected outage exists, your Roku device may be unable to update to the latest software.

Please check this support link. What should I do if my Roku® device is unable to update software?
Feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos