Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roundsj
Channel Surfer

Photostream not displaying photos widescreen

Hello,

I am posting a new question about this so I can include an image. I am using photos linked to a google folder. The photos display widescreen on my google home display, but have black bars on the side in Photostream. 

2B348B23-E109-41BD-A171-A8E0507449A1.jpeg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Photostream not displaying photos widescreen

Hi @Roundsj,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We want to investigate this issue further. May we know when you first noticed this problem? Have you tried changing the photo, and please try to see if you are still experiencing the same issue.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Roundsj
Channel Surfer

I noticed this as soon as I set up Photostream. It does it with all photos. 

0 Kudos
Roundsj
Channel Surfer

I did some additional checking this morning. If I switch my iPhone camera setting to 16:9 instead of 4:3, the photo will show up correctly in the photo stream, filling the whole screen. I’d rather not have to change all my photos to 16:9. Is there a way the 4:3 aspect ratio can work? It seems to be automatically resized in other display options (my google home display, for example). 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Roundsj, personally I'd be very upset if a photo viewer distorted my photos.  A circle should always be a circle and I don't like seeing people distorted to short and fat, so it had better be an option:  Distortion on or off?  🙂

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos