Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuperD
Channel Surfer

Photostream Not Widescreen

Why doesn't Roku Photostream show my Google Photos in widescreen format as does my photo frame, chromebook, google home, android phone, etc.?

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Photostream Not Widescreen

Hi @SuperD,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate the report about this issue you're running into when accessing a photo stream. We'd like to help.

Have you seen this behavior before, or is this the first time you're running into it? If so, when did you start seeing this happening?

In addition, could you share with us a picture of the issue you're seeing?

We also recommend checking our support article to learn more about Photo Streams and this feature, you may refer to this link: How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Roundsj
Channel Surfer

I am having the same problem. There are black bars on either side of my horizontal photos instead of them filling the whole screen. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Warmest welcome to the Roku Community, @Roundsj!

We appreciate you reaching out and letting us know about your concern. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Before we proceed, may we know which specific Roku player you are having this issue with? If you can provide us with a photo of it for reference, it would be great. Also, does this only happen when the Photo Streams are enabled?

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to provide you with an accurate resolution.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Roundsj
Channel Surfer

I am not sure how to post a photo in the reply, so here are the numbers listed on the back. It is a roku ultra. I only encounter the problem when using photo streams. Thanks for your help! 

cs37cd020206

model: 4660x2

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @Roundsj.

In this case, does this happen to all of the photos selected? In addition, where did the selected photos come from? We should also consider the compatibility here.

Looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Roundsj
Channel Surfer

It happens to all the photos. 

The photos are ones I have taken on my phone and come via a linked google photo album to the roku photo stream. I do something similar for my google home display, and the photos don’t have a problem filling that screen. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for your response, @Roundsj.

We appreciate this information; however, we might really need a screenshot or a photo of the said issue so we'll be able to investigate it on our end and compare. To insert an image in a post, kindly follow this:

1. Start a new post.
  2. Click Insert Image.
  3. Choose an image source location.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Please keep us updated.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos