Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Biluso
Reel Rookie

Re: Photo streams only displaying some of my photos on slideshow

Jump to solution

I have all my photos on one photo stream. When I include new photos it takes about a week before one new picture appears in the slideshow. Maybe this information will help in fixing whatever problem is going on

0 Kudos
marcangela
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

let me know when this is resolved.  I have done everything from redownloading app, to clicking on pictures, to re loading pictures,  The pictures only work to the see all  slide break in the photo stream after that they dont show.  maybe remove the see all button from that spot and put it somewhere else.  

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @marcangela,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Please note that our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. We currently do not have any details to give at this time, but once more information is available, we'll make sure to update this Community thread.

Thank you for your kind understanding regarding this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kfjl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Greetings,

I have a Roku TV with 162 photos uploaded to my roku photostream, but only a few of them cycle through the slideshow. And others cycle through the screen saver, when that kicks in. Same problem as other people have described. My husband has Alzheimer's, and he really enjoys just seeing the photos go by, but very few of them are displayed.

I have uninstalled, restarted, and re-installed the app as per instructions, but it doesn't help. I have a Roku TV TCL model 40S325, software 12.0.0 build 4182-48

Please resolve this issue. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @kfjl,

Thank you for keeping us posted, and greetings from the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with your issue on the photostream. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Open the channel and select Screensaver.
  2. Under Add or Remove Streams, check the box for the streams you wish to include.

If the problem still continues, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sammy1833
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing.  Still not resolved.  Wouldn’t seem that hard to figure out.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sammy1833

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

Let's perform some basic troubleshooting steps as a workaround for this issue. We recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel.' Then restart your device from Settings > System > Power (skip if not available) > System restart. Once the Roku device starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Additionally, there are some options you can choose to view your uploaded images on Photo Streams. You can see more here: How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device.

Kindly keep us updated on what you find out.

All the best,

Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
meyerso
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Kash,

You keep giving the same advise when many users are telling you that does not work. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app makes no difference. Many of us are using this on multiple TV's and it's the same problem for everyone. I have 37 streams with hundreds of photos in each stream. When the screensaver starts it will cycle through the same handful of photos over and over again even though I have all 37 streams selected. Even if I manually start a slideshow it will only go through a few, then circle back to the same ones it's already shown. I have noticed that if I back out by hitting the home button, then wait for the screensaver to start again, it will choose different photos than it had been showing, but again, it's just a handful but a different set than it was doing. This is maddening as I have spent so much time uploading photos only to be frustrated every time the screensaver is on. P.S. It would also be a great time saver if we could upload more than 20 photos at a time. Its very tedious and slow to go in batches of 20 when a stream will hold 1000 photos. 

DinoF
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I completely agree meyerso, this is the most useless TSR forum ever. What a job - offering the same obfuscating drivel over and over again while ALL the customers say it's a waste of time.

0 Kudos
kfjl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I only have 1 stream, so I don't know if this will work for you, but it works for showing all photos in the stream I have. I'm  not sure if there's an intermediate step  you may need to do to select a specific stream, but here's what works for me:

With your Roku select the Roku Photoscreen app

Select Screen saver from the app

Select Manage screen saver

Select preview screen saver

The "preview" mode will cycle through all the pictures, all day long!

I hope this works for you.