Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MustangLisa
Reel Rookie

Photo Streams uploading issues

I have been trying to upload more photos to my Photo Stream and it says they have been uploaded but they do not appear on the next page when I click Done on the uploading page. I have not reached my limit and I am only uploading Jpg files. The number of photos does not change as well, it says 65 before I upload and then I upload and they say they have been and then I click Done and the number 65 stays the same. No new photos uploaded. Please help!!

16 REPLIES 16
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Photo Streams uploading issues

Hi @MustangLisa

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

In some cases, restarting the Roku devices resolve the issue you are experiencing. Could you try to give it a shot and keep us posted on how it goes? Please note that it is crucial to restart your Roku device through the system menu for this fix to be effective, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart

We'll be waiting for your feedback. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
MustangLisa
Reel Rookie

Hi,

This won't help, you upload pictures to your Photo Streams on the Roku website, not through the Roku device. It's the website that's not uploading my pictures. Thank you. 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Are you sure your browser is not just showing you a cached page of your pictures from before the upload?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
MustangLisa
Reel Rookie

Hello,

No it's not. It's not adding them at all. The other day I uploaded six pictures and it only added one and they were the same format and same size. It says it uploaded six pictures but then shows me it only added one to my created photo stream. Wish I could put a picture of what's happening. 

PGE

I'm having the exact same problem. I have 51 photos on my mom's photo stream and I am trying to upload one new photo. It says the photo has uploaded, but the total number of photos stays at 51. I have tried six different times to upload this photo and it indicates the upload is successful so I click on done. But the photo will not show up in the Stream. I've shut everything down and restarted, but nothing helps.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @PGE,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with your uploaded photos on Photo Streams. Try to restart the Roku device from System > Settings > System Restart, to achieve an optimal system restart. Also, make sure that the Photo Stream is up-to-date. You can check it by highlighting the channel, and press the star button (*) in the remote. Then, select the update channel. For more info, refer to this support article: How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device 

If the issue still persists, please don't hesitate to let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Caitybird

I am having the same problem, using roku TV.  I've tried uploading from the web and from the app.  If will say photos are uploaded but then only a couple will actually be there.   I've tried everything that has been posted in this discussion to no avail.  I also noticed that a stream that was shared with me is gone.

Casper321
Reel Rookie

Possible solution - see my Edit ##2 below.

Same problem here too. I uploaded about 50 pics and after that its as if the server picks & chooses what pics to make work and the ones that wont work I have tried over and over and it just does not work with them at all. I guess roku must think my family is ugly or something.

While troubleshooting, I tried changing the names of the .jpg files. I cleared my cache. I also tried different browsers (firefox & brave) on my Linux Fedora38 & Windows10 machines. I also tried uploading via google Android as well as my de-googled GrahpeneOS phone. I removed several 8k images to make sure I wasn't hitting a space restriction and I also created a new album (photo stream). All had the same results.

Edit: PS. this is 100% not an issue with the Roku devices. This is absolutely a server issue. Either the responses saying to restart your roku device so u can upload files via your computer to their website while having no interaction with the roku devices at all are bots posting generic responses, or the people responding just have no clue at all and just want to respond for the sake of posting.

Edit #2: Possible Solution - All of my images that were failing were cropped using a phone (android), so I opened them all in GIMP (you can use photoshop as well) & exported them as .png. They seem to have uploaded fine without any issue after that.

Jessicachelsea
Reel Rookie

Having same issue new photos uploaded online not showing on tv. Tried updating and restarting. 

0 Kudos