Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Photo Stream's annoying "scan to add photos to photo streams" and QRCode superimposition

Hi @DanTN,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching us regarding the QR code that is appearing when accessing Photo Streams. Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. Rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We prioritize resolving this as soon as possible, and we ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
mtn_lion
Channel Surfer

Re: Photo Stream's annoying "scan to add photos to photo streams" and QRCode superimpositi

So, two months later, no follow-up from Roku, and the annoying "Scan to add photos to Photo Streams" QR code still appears in the Photo Streams screensaver.  Roku, what's the deal?

ukornewuser
Channel Surfer

Re: Photo Stream's annoying "scan to add photos to photo streams" and QRCode superimpositi

two months?  No, this thread has been going on for a year... since July 2022. Guess who has a captive audience, without motivation to update their software? lol

GuyMott
Reel Rookie

I agree! Indications are that either (1) Roku decided to ignore our concerns, or (2) they just don't care enough to take constructive action. Pretty infuriating!

mtn_lion
Channel Surfer

ukornewuser — You’re right, the thread has been going on for over a year.  What I meant was that as of 4/28/2023 it had been two months since the post in which someone at Roku said they’d look into it.  As of now, make that four months.  Probably by now they’ve laid off anyone who might give a **bleep** about customers.

Qwq1
Binge Watcher

Re: Photo Streams Screensaver - Option to Remove caption

I really don't like seeing my full name on all the PICs

So I changed my name on my Profile

JohnDeer
0 Kudos
Qwq1
Binge Watcher

And to see my full name on the PICs

I feel like my name is shared with every one to Exploited 

JohnDeer
0 Kudos
gary812abc

"We prioritize resolving this as soon as possible"

10 months later with no action doesn't seem like it.

migue
Reel Rookie

Photo Stream's annoying "scan to add photos to photo streams" and QRCode superimpositi

any updates on this issue? it's been almost a year since this post saying that the team was working on it.

0 Kudos
migue
Reel Rookie

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 2.45.06 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-01-25 at 2.37.29 PM.png

here’s the device info for the unit in question, but this problem is not isolated to this unit. this is a problem with the way that photostreams adds a QR code over every fifth image on the slideshow and on the screensaver.

I am using this unit to display posters for upcoming shows at my venue on a vertical TV. The QR code is unnecessary and distracting from the posters. I would love to be able to turn off the QR code.

0 Kudos