Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Art2deetoo
Reel Rookie

Pairing a Roku streaming device with bluetooth to watch and listen to a TV program

I wear hearing aids and have bluetooth on my iPhone. Can a Roku streaming device make it possible for me to watch a program on my smart TV and hear the program on my hearing aids as I watch it? Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Pairing a Roku streaming device with bluetooth to watch and listen to a TV program

@Art2deetoo-

You can install the official Roku app on an iOS or Android device which includes the ability to "remote listen" to  your Roku content on the app, either through the device's own speaker or through an earphone/speaker/etc connected to the phone.

Further Roku has recently added the capability of driving bluetooth audio devices directly, without having to go through Roku app remote listening on a few of their newest devices.

Per the Roku 11.5 announcement on the Roku Blog:

"Bluetooth Private Listening: Pair wireless headphones from the Sound Settings menu to listen to streaming content with Bluetooth Private Listening compatible with the newest Roku Ultra, Roku Streambar, and Roku Streambar Pro."

Note they say the NEWEST models under these product names. For Roku Ultras, that means model number 4800 or higher (check your model number via Settings > System > About).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X