Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rboutin

Offering 1 streaming TV option across repeat logins in Guest Mode

I recently purchased a new rental property and would like to be able to offer the following:

1) Guest Mode Option - Current functionality which allows renters to login to their individual apps or Roku accounts to utilize these streaming services as they do at home AND

2) Static Streaming TV option - Would allow me as the renter to offer a "Cable TV" streaming option for my renters that would remain signed in despite being in Guest Mode.  This way I can provide some entertainment options for my renters, such as DirectTV Stream, YouTubeTV, etc. while avoiding the costly traditional Cable TV option, which includes Set Top Boxes at $8-10/month per box. 

I am sure that Roku programmers could create a secure way of doing this so that you could still utilize Guest Mode but have one app designated that is static and always logged in across the Guest Mode option.  I have read several posts there on the Roku community site revealing a significant interest in this possibility.  You would still have safeguards against unwanted purchases or changes to this static streaming account, as most TV streaming services have settings already built in to restrict any changes to the account or purchases such as on demand movies, etc.

The purpose of my post is to create support for development of this option and hopefully encourage Roku programmers to investigate the feasibility of this feature...Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Offering 1 streaming TV option across repeat logins in Guest Mode

Hi @rboutin,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for the feedback; we love the idea. We will forward your valuable feedback to the concerned team. However, we currently don't have any information to share; feel free to watch our blog for future announcements or updates.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos