Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Menu volume not working since update yesterday

Hi @TrewLew,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about this and for taking some troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue. We'd like to know more about this issue and find possible solutions to resolve it. Would you be so kind as to provide the following details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About.).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we'll be able to forward it to the team for review.

We look forward to hearing your response and receiving your device details.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rexxe
Reel Rookie

I have been experiencing this issue since Roku 12.5.  I just updated to 12.5.5 hoping it was fixed and it’s not.  There is a significant issue with your software volume mode.  I have no clicking sound on the main menu, and the volume when playing anything is significantly lower in volume than it should be.  The temporary fix is to go to Audio Mode, go to Off, then go back to Leveling or Night.  Once that happens the volume goes back to louder and the click is restored on the main menu.

Additionally, ever since 12.5, switching volume mode causes any app to pause whatever is being played and reload the video.  This did not happen prior to this version.  Whatever Roku changed with Audio Mode in 12.5 broke things.  I’m honestly shocked it was not fixed in 12.5.5, because this is a clear bug in your software.

I have a Roku streaming Stick 4k 3820X and am currently on 12.5.5 build 4174-CU. So disappointed with Roku lately.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rexxe,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused you. That's not what we aim for. Can you please provide the requested information in my previous post?

The appropriate Roku team will only be able to investigate the issue further with more information.

We look forward to hearing your response and receiving your device details.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
IdiotBastard
Binge Watcher

SSDD!

0 Kudos
Rexxe
Reel Rookie

@RokuJechealR , here’s the info you requested:

Model: 3820X - Streaming Stick 4K

Serial number: X01700DTJ6DP (S08Y41CTJ6DP)

Software version: 12.5.5 build 4174-CU

GC version: 10.5.39

Issue ID: DP-038-559

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rexxe,

Thanks for the response!

Please note that we have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime are much appreciated.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TrewLew
Reel Rookie

Hi Chel, thank you for the reply.  Below is the requested info.

device model:  Sharp model LC-65Q73+

serial number:  YN0050618263

device ID:  L7C895618263

software OS/version:  12.5.5 . build 4174-40

Tracker ID:  63-064-599

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TrewLew,

Thanks for providing your device information; we need to investigate further on this issue!

Please note that we have passed this along to our Roku-appropriate team. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

If there's anything else we can further assist you with aside from this, let us know.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jay_barrow

Here to add myself to this slew of others with the same problem. Been without menu volume for MONTHS just haven’t had time to report. Apparently it’s still not fixed?

model 3941RW- Roku Express 4K+
SW 12.5.5

BUILD 4174-CR

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jay_barrow,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for letting us know!

We will be more than happy to investigate further with this issue that you're experiencing. Can you please provide the following details below?

• Could you elaborate more about the problem that you had?
  • When did the issue start?
  • May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos