Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtyuiuy23
Channel Surfer

Re: Menu volume not working since update yesterday

They are above in the thread, but sure:

Model: 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Serial: X016008LTDLJ

ID: S07P515LTDLJ

Version: 12.5.0, build 4172-CR

Tracker: LJ-405-601

No photo or video. Just no sound on the Home screen.

0 Kudos
mtyuiuy23
Channel Surfer

So it worked when I turned it on randomly (menu clicks and AirPlay sound), but the menu clicks were weak sounding. Now I just restarted it to see if it was a fluke...and it was. Still no menu clicks and AirPlay not working. Thoughts?

Edit: I just did a factory reset (from Settings) and everything is fine with the 4172-CR build.

Jabbatoonces
Channel Surfer

Same issue here with menu volume since update. Also randomly scrolls all the way down with one button push and takes more than a few minutes too boot up. Updated 10/19/23 to v 12.5.0, build 4175.

4k streaming stick mod. 3820RW. 

Did all the things but factory reset.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Jabbatoonces!

We appreciate you reaching out regarding this matter. Rest assured that we will find you the best resolution possible. 

May we first know what type of remote is connected to your Roku streaming device?

We highly recommend trying to perform a system reboot on your Roku streaming device by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart. If you have already done this to no avail, perhaps our Support article on: Why is my Roku voice remote not controlling power and volume on my TV? Can help you further.

We'll be looking forward to your update, as we are more than willing to assist you with this. Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
IdiotBastard
Binge Watcher

I have the same problem.  These suggestions have no effect.  Its the upgrade to version 12.5.0, build 4178.

No menu sounds regardless of theme or sound pack.  Also no Netflix "zoom" sound when starting Netflix (not that that's a big thing... just more information to help your developers swat this bug).  BTW, things were fine prior to this update.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @IdiotBastard.

Worry no more, as we would be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible. 

May we first know if there are any external audio systems connected to your TV that your Roku player is connected to? As we checked your account, there are multiple Roku players linked. Please specify which Roku streaming device you are having this issue with. Does it happen to all of them? In addition, what specific troubleshooting methods have you done to try and resolve the issue you have been experiencing? 
Also, you can try to adjust your audio settings by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > Audio > Menu volume > High.

The best course of action will be suggested once we have a better understanding of the situation. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jabbatoonces
Channel Surfer

Its a bug in the software from the latest update. We've established this. Now Roku needs to fix it and ship it out. We just need to be patient and wait. Just be thankful we can still stream! Going to grab a Roku premiere for 19 bucks for the bedroom. Walmart black Friday deal.

IdiotBastard
Binge Watcher

Hi Carly,

I have already gone through everything you suggest, to no avail. It happens on all my roku devices.

But it sounds like it is a known bug, so I'll just wait for a fix to be rolled out. Do you acknowledge its a known bug?

Jabbatoonces
Channel Surfer

Hi! Let the developers know how much we appreciate fixing the bug. Not sure about the other problems but the menu volume thing is working again. Been a Roku user since the beginning and have had very few problems. We are saving up for a Roku based tv. Most smart tv software is junk. Keep up the good work!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jabbatoonces,

Thanks for getting us back here in the Roku Community!

It is our pleasure to hear that the matter has been resolved. We express our gratitude for your effort and understanding.

Let us know if there's anything else we can further assist you with aside from this.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos