Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IdiotBastard
Binge Watcher

Re: Menu volume not working since update yesterday

Hello Chel,

I'm not sure what update @Jabbatoonces got, by my menu sounds are still not working.

I just checked, and I'm still on version 12.5.0, build 4178, updated 11/2/23.  When I check for a software update manually, it tells me "All software us up to date".

As I said previously, this behavior began with the last update (prior to 11/2/23) and is apparent on all three of my "Roku Streaming Stick 4k" devices that I bought back in February of this year (when I ditched Vz).  I'm happy to provide exact model and serial number if needed.  I'm also happy to be a beta tester if you need (I'm an embedded software guy myself).

I don't mean to be the squeaky wheel, and I do appreciate your efforts to fix this problem and communicate with the community, but sadly, (at least for me) this problem remains unresolved.

Jabbatoonces
Channel Surfer

Well, bad news. The menu sounds quit again. Its not a big deal but thought you should know. Just an issue with the stick. The Premiere is not having problems.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users!

We hear you and have acknowledged this occurring issue. 

Please be reminded that our Engineering team has already been made aware of this and is currently in the process of investigating this occurring issue to figure out the root cause of it. We wanted to follow up with our team with new users who have experienced it as of the moment. 

Kindly provide us with the following details below for us to update the ticket:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be anticipating your response! 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
IdiotBastard
Binge Watcher

Hi Carly,

I thought I had sent this yesterday, but it looks to be absent, so here I go again...  (Perhaps its too large).

Again, problem remains on all three of my devices...  and I have done off the easy fixes you suggest.

I hope this helps and I can offer to beta test if you're interested.

20231114_123300.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for giving us this information!

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team, and they're the ones who will investigate this issue.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Teresa751
Streaming Star

Thank you. 

It was coming back for a day, then back off, for a month. The past two weeks nothing. 

This morning it's back and the sound is right. 

Seems I need an update to roll back from that last update? It's very annoying. I hope this is fixed because it isn't the device. It was the last software update that messed it up. 

0 Kudos
Teresa751
Streaming Star

Not the remote. 

It's the audio settings within the software. I believe I need a software update to fix it. 

It was coming back for a day, then off, back on, then off. Then I had no menu volume for 2 weeks until this morning. 

I have done the system resets. 

This happened right after the last update so it's because of that. I gave you all my device info in the original post. 

It's annoying. Please fix this. It's as simple as an update. 

Please note, when the menu volume (that click sound) works, the audio is better. Louder and normal. So it's something to do with that last update. It's not my device. 

0 Kudos
Teresa751
Streaming Star

I've tried that to no avail 

0 Kudos
Teresa751
Streaming Star

I forgot to mention when the menu volume (that click sound) comes back, the sound is evened out. I don't find myself having to increase the volume or decrease the volume. I always have sound set to auto. 

It's definitely a bug that needs to be fixed. Unless it has. It came back today. I just have to wonder if it will not be tomorrow morning. Like I mentioned, it comes and goes. 

0 Kudos
Teresa751
Streaming Star

And my device info again: 

Model: 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number: X016007LGSUP

Software version: 12.5.0 build 4178-CR

Device ID: S0

7P216LGSUP

I was the original poster. Others were replies. So it's many. 

0 Kudos