Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonH59
Reel Rookie

[OS 11.5] After recent update to use zip code.... I can NO Longer Screen cast from my tablet

Just updated several of my Roku units.  After doing this I could no longer screen cast to television via Roku from a tablet.

Not my tablet. Not my Roku units. Not my tv.  After update.

Finding that android "smartview" still works and apple airplay screen mirroring still functions.

Not Screencast

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: After recent update to use zip code.... I can NO Longer Screen cast from my tablet

@RonH59 

If the casting app or method you were using relied on the "Play on Roku" protocol, the new 11.5 OS has disabled that function.

How were you casting?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RonH59
Reel Rookie

Re: After recent update to use zip code.... I can NO Longer Screen cast from my tablet

Android tablet built in screencast.

But airplay screen mirroring works and android smartview works

Android screencast does not function

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@RonH59 

I use older Android versions so the native Cast Screen button has never really worked for me with Roku devices.

I do use Web Video Caster and also Castify.  These are both available in the Play store and you may want to try them out.  They have advantages and features over the Android Cast (ie. able to cast web sources and well as local file sources).

With both the above, you install the accompanying Receiver channel/app on your Roku device and then the casting app (Web Video Caster or Castify) on your mobile device.  Both of these tested and are working with OS 11.5.  My personal preference, however, is Web Video Caster.

At least the above will give you some options while exploring what the issue is with the native Cast Screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@RonH59

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with a photo of the issue you are seeing on screen? In addition, can you please provide us with the exact steps to reproduce the issue you are experiencing so we can better understand the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RonH59
Reel Rookie

Nothing to see. I am using a 3 year old tablet. It has its own Screen Cast feature.

It shows the Roku device. Roku tv room 

It says connecting. Then unavailable. Then back to start. Nothing happens on TV.

It worked fine till I updated the Roku software.

i have tried this on several roku units and tried a second tablet.

It works with others apple and android devices.  Its related to these androids with screen cast feature.

Android version 10.

Tablets are dl1036 

0 Kudos
AN40

Allcast

0 Kudos
LloydPowe
Reel Rookie

I use the app called Klede. If you have a subscription you have the ability to utilize the native cast button to I presume use what is called the "Play on Roku" function. After the update of November 1st 2022, it no longer works. I'll press native cast button, I'll press the name of my TV, my TV will start like it normally would for a brief second, and then immediately stops.

0 Kudos
LloydPowe
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] After recent update to use zip code.... I can NO Longer Screen cast from my tablet

I've went through pretty much all of the settings that the Roku TV has, as I too have fall victim to this new stupid update and casting my favorite streaming app. Nothing helped. So the movie streaming app that I use "KLEDE", must have recognized that I needed an alternative casting option. It offered me two I will say that the "Caster" app is probably the best way to go. You download an app on your TV, you download an app on your phone the "Caster" app, and you just hit cast and it'll cast whatever you're trying to cast.

0 Kudos