Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MADx
Binge Watcher

Re: OS11.0: Hopefully more stable than 10.5 was at launch

I said, it was an HBO Max App issue. I know it has nothing to do with Roku or the latest update, because I'm still on 10.5 and I have the same issue of no Dolby Vision. 

0 Kudos
hologrid99
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.0] Hopefully more stable than 10.5 was at launch

Well it's weird my older 3800x updated first and the newer Roku tv has not updated along with a neighboring 3820x as of April 27 2022. I note however none of the Roku updates have ever given me issues 

0 Kudos
iFrog
Roku Guru

There was a Paramount + update today, HDR still isn't fixed.  However, at this point, it's something I can wait for.  I have an Apple TV 4k with Working paramount + HDR, so I use that while I wait, or I watch without HDR on the Roku.  I don't see a huge difference with, or without HDR on Paramount content, so there again, it's not a big deal for me at this point.  In other parts of the OS updates, I've had a very positive experience, that has been quite stable on an older Roku 4660 model, and the newest model of Ultra 4800.

0 Kudos
hologrid99
Reel Rookie

I saw the Paramount update, but I can't say I am Gaga for hdr support although my Roku tv is hdr blah blah but anyways I wonder how the rollout of updates go. I need to find a link to immerse myself in the update rollout

0 Kudos
MADx
Binge Watcher

0 Kudos

I now have 11.0 on all of my devices. My Ultra 4800 was, I believe, the last to receive it, and it arrived late last week. So far, I've had no issues, and my WIFI speeds have increased somewhat above what it was indicating with 11.5. Still not as fast as my Internet connection, but faster than the Ethernet connection can deliver.

0 Kudos
rwhewitt
Binge Watcher

I have latest Roku Ultra with OS11.0. Starting tonight, installed channels randomly disappear and I have to go into the Channel store to activate them.  For example: Filmrise disappeared. Had to go into store.  Then Tubi disappeared. Had to go into Channel store to activate it.  I have 74 channels organized on Home Screen.  If I turn off my (Roku) and come back later the channel order is scrambled and I have to figure out what is missing. This never happened before tonight.  Just noticed that the newest ROKU Ultra has no micro sd card for memory management like older models. Looks like it needs one.  This irritation along with the infamous Error 020 streaming problem, makes me question my future with Roku products

0 Kudos
iFrog
Roku Guru

@rwhewitt wrote:

I have latest Roku Ultra with OS11.0. Starting tonight, installed channels randomly disappear and I have to go into the Channel store to activate them.  For example: Filmrise disappeared. Had to go into store.  Then Tubi disappeared. Had to go into Channel store to activate it.  I have 74 channels organized on Home Screen.  If I turn off my (Roku) and come back later the channel order is scrambled and I have to figure out what is missing. This never happened before tonight.  Just noticed that the newest ROKU Ultra has no micro sd card for memory management like older models. Looks like it needs one.  This irritation along with the infamous Error 020 streaming problem, makes me question my future with Roku products

That sounds unique to your setup.  I've gone through several OS 11 updates on two different Roku Ultra models, and have never seen that behavior, and I don't see this being reported by people in general.  I think you, and one person on the AVS Forum Roku thread have mentioned disappearing channels on OS 11.  Might be time for a factory reset, if you aren't able to resolve it on your current settings.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@rwhewitt do you have more than one Roku on the same user account? If so, someone might have removed it from one device, which removes it from all devices. Also, someone using the Roku app on their phone that is connected to your network might be messing with you. I have friends like that, but fortunately they don't live near me. 😄

The newest Ultra has no need for the SD card because they've increased the channel storage to 4 GB. The SD Card would only use about 2 GB, so there's nothing to gain from adding one. Remember, the SD card was solely for channel storage. It was not used for system operational memory, and provided no benefit beyond faster loading of a seldom used channel. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
iFrog
Roku Guru

@atc98092 wrote:

@rwhewitt do you have more than one Roku on the same user account? If so, someone might have removed it from one device, which removes it from all devices. Also, someone using the Roku app on their phone that is connected to your network might be messing with you. I have friends like that, but fortunately they don't live near me. 😄

The newest Ultra has no need for the SD card because they've increased the channel storage to 4 GB. The SD Card would only use about 2 GB, so there's nothing to gain from adding one. Remember, the SD card was solely for channel storage. It was not used for system operational memory, and provided no benefit beyond faster loading of a seldom used channel. 

I had the understanding that the 4800 has 2GB storage.  Did that increase it since ?

0 Kudos