Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nsomniak6
Reel Rookie

[OS 10.5] No search function available on menu/Unable to locate channels

I live in PA and

I am am using model # 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

My software version 10.5.0 build 4201-CR

I am not and have never run it through a VPN and I don't have a search option besides voice which is extremely annoying. What if people have a speech impediment and can't use the function?

Is there a way to return besides the factory restore which doesn't seem to be a solution? 

21 REPLIES 21
Quillian

Search bar went missing from my Sharp Roku Smart TV

I was going to my Home Screen Menu to search for a movie and the Search Bar was no longer there. I had just used it an hour before. I’ve had this Search Bar option on my Sharp Roku Smart TV for four years. Any ideas on where it went and how to get it back?

Re: Search bar went missing from my Sharp Roku Smart TV

Mine too. 

Terry1339
Reel Rookie

OS 10.5 No more 'search' option???

Why is search no longer an option in the left of the home screen after OS 10.5 update??. I do not want to and will not use voice search!! Why did this go away?? I used it 4 or 5 times a day and it was how I found the content I wanted to watch!! How do I add it back into the options up from the home screen?? Roku, you are really messing with me!?! Bring it back!!!

TCL 43

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 10.5] No search function available on menu/Unable to locate channels

@nsomniak6

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@nsomniak6 @Terry1339 

Thanks for your patience while we investigate this issue.

We would recommend trying to check for a system update by going to Settings > System > System update. Then once your device have been updated, try checking to see if the Search returns to your Home screen.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: OS 10.5 No more 'search' option???

@Terry1339 

Whatever is going on is not a wide-spread thing. I have Roku 10.5 and I have the search capability.

So, calm down and let's work on this, okay?

Have you restarted your Roku?

Have you tried a manual update?

And is there any history regarding your Roku or your Roku account that could have it listed as outside the USA?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
kasonmecca

Re: Search bar went missing from my Sharp Roku Smart TV

i was high off my ass last night trying to remember where to find the search bar. I spent atleast an hour trying to figure it out. 

0 Kudos
Farre

Hello, my roku TV updated yesterday to 10.5 and now I no longer have the search feature. I tried the steps you listed and there is no new system update and search feature is still gone. 

Terry1339
Reel Rookie

Re: OS 10.5 No more 'search' option???

Update: So thanks for the responses... And yes I immediately tried restarting, and redoing the update manually. I thought maybe the TCL was thinking I was outside the US as that is the only official reason Search disappears. And your responses inspired me to mess with the location... it looks like the local zip code that TCL was using was incorrect or not in the roku database or not conforming to my router...etc..etc... But! The good news is that correcting my zip code... brought back my search window! Thx everyone!!