Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No sound when using AirPlay

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @DMS70!

Thanks for letting us know, but we would like to clarify your statement. 

Are you still having issues with using Airplay on your Roku streaming player, or have you already figured out how to make it work? We are a bit confused because you provided us with information that is being requested by the appropriate Roku team for further review. 

Kindly let us know so we can assess your concern better and provide you with an accurate resolution. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chispa
Channel Surfer

AirPlay is not working on my device. I have tried the solutions posted on this thread and they have not worked. Please advise what I can do to have sound via my roku player on AirPlay.

thanks,

0 Kudos
DMS70
Reel Rookie

My issues was resolved by steps in the post I replied to. I had Roku volume leveling set to Auto few weeks ago, but then when I turned it Off everything worked. All is fixed with "Off".

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing your concern here in the Roku Community, @chispa.

We appreciate you for trying to troubleshoot your device to no avail. No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

May we first know what app or channel you were streaming when you utilized the Airplay feature on your Roku streaming player? (YouTube, iTunes, etc.) Does this happen to all of the apps? If so, kindly provide us with the following details below so we can forward this to the appropriate Roku team to review your Roku streaming player. 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Which app/channel does this happen?

We'll be anticipating your response, as we are more than eager to help you out with this in the best way we can.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chispa
Channel Surfer

Carly,

I posted this information above. Here it is again:

Roku device model: 3941X- Roku Express 4K+
Serial number: X01600ARNMNM
Device ID: S07P429RNMNM
OS version: 12.5.0 build 4178-CR

Tracker ID: NM-452-068

Macbook model and IOS version: MacBook Air with iOS 13.4.1 (c) (22F770820d)

I have an older Samsung Smart TV that is the output device for AirPlay connected via HDMI.

It occurs in all forms of AirPlay from my computer-- I was mainly trying to watch a webinar on my TV while working online, but it generally did not work with any application or the system when I tried playing test sounds.
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the response, @chispa

Rest assured that your information and concerns are forwarded to the appropriate Roku team, who'll further handle this case for investigation. We'll disseminate the information here as soon as any update is available.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dnl2

I found a solution:

When Airplay is playing music or any sound and you can’t hear, but it shows like playing press * on the roku remote, the volume menu will appear, select Off (I had Night selected don’t remember doing that 🤷‍♂️) and you will start hearing what’s on airplay. 

Hope this works for you too. 

iPhone 13 pro, ios 17.1.1

Roku express, 3930CA (12.5.0, 4178-AE)
Serial number: X00400CE5SS4
Device id: S014332E5SS4

Sound stopped working right before the roku update

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Amelie_mk240sx,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing the device information that is needed. Would you mind giving us the missing information, which is the Tracker ID?

Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We'll be eager to wait for your update.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chispa
Channel Surfer

Yes, the turning off night mode worked!!!!!

Thanks so much!!!