Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickyd2b
Reel Rookie

No sound when using AirPlay

When I attempt to mirror my iPhone or iPad using AirPlay the video works fine, but there is no audio. I'm using a Roku Express 3900X.

I have the same issue with iPhone or iPad.

I can cast from my Windows PC with no problem.

I have rebooted the phone, the Roku, and the router. All are running the latest software, All are on the same 2.4 wifi network.

Labels (2)
77 REPLIES 77
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No sound when using AirPlay

Hi @rickyd2b,

Thanks for the post.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we'd like to know more about how we can assist and resolve this. Kindly provide us with the following:

• Mobile device model and iOS version.
  • Roku streaming device information such as serial number, device id, and model number. (All these can be found in Settings > System > About)

In the meantime, you can visit this support article for more information on successfully setting up the Airplay to your Roku streaming device at this link: How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku® streaming device

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Have a good day,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
swhobbit
Reel Rookie

I have same problem with my Mac Studio.

- sender is my 2022 Mac Studio (Apple M1 Max) with Ventura 13.4.1 (current).
- Roku Ultra is 4800X (current - 12.0.0 build 41840C2)
- Receiver is Yamaha RX-V673, firmware 1.98 (current)
- Network is hardline ethernet with dumb Netgear switches

Roku sound effects, FUBO, and Prime Video audio work fine; no audio with AirPlay from Mac Studio.

It does work from my iPhone 13 MINI running the newly released iOS 17, but that is NOT the device I want to use.

0 Kudos
swhobbit
Reel Rookie

Serial number of the Roku Ultra 4800x is S02A216L800P

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello from the Roku Community, @swhobbit

We understand that you are experiencing some issues while using Airplay. We appreciate the detailed information you have provided. We will forward your case and the information you have shared to the Roku team responsible for investigating such issues. 

We kindly ask for your patience and understanding while we work on resolving the problem. 

Thank you,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
swhobbit
Reel Rookie

It also fails from my Mac --> Yamaha RX-A830 -> Roku Ultra downstairs. 

(That Ultra is newer, and is serial number as reported by the wenbite is YJ00EH185511).  It should be up to date.

0 Kudos
theriaJ
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue with my Roku Express 3960X. The serial number is SOKD329JNBL7. 

It initially stopped working around 9/17/2023 for about a month then it worked a few days ago. My Roku updated on 10/18 & it’s stopped working ever since. I reached out to Apple and there is no issue with my device. All my devices are connected to the same network as well. I’m unable to screen mirror of AirPlay Apple Music with sound. What is the solution to this?

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing your experience with this issue, @theriaJ.

May we know your mobile device model and iOS version? Also, what specific Roku OS build does your device have? If you happen to have other Roku devices, does this issue occur on all devices?

Please keep us updated so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
theriaJ
Reel Rookie

I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and it’s updated to iOS 17.0.3. I also do not have any other Roku devices.

Where can I find the Roku OS build type?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @theriaJ,

Thanks for keeping us posted!
Please be advised that you might need to refer to the post @RokuTakashi gave above in order to get the Roku OS build.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos