Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olemiss74
Streaming Star

Re: No sound using Apple Airplay on Roku Express 3960X

I tried this but still no sound whether Leveling is Off or not.  Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @olemiss74,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Brand, model, and current OS that the mobile device is running
  • Version of the Roku mobile app that your mobile device is using.
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JellyBelly64
Channel Surfer

This worked! Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos
olemiss74
Streaming Star

Hey JellyBelly.  I’m so glad this sound leveling adjustment solved your problem.  Will you tell me how you did it?  I tried but nothing happened.  Do you need to restart Airplay for it to kick in or do something else?  Since this worked for you and gbstanton, I figure I must be doing something wrong.  I marvel that Roku can’t/won't solve this obvious and longstanding problem when their own customers have found the solution. 

0 Kudos
gbstanton
Channel Surfer

This fix is made prior to setting up Airplay. Pick something to stream. Then select star key. The second choice is volume control (or similar wording) and under that there are three choices including the option to turn sound leveling off

0 Kudos
JellyBelly64
Channel Surfer

Try this: 

1. Play any content on Roku. It can be using a native Roku app or content from your Apple device through Airplay. (Recommend doing it while using Airplay so you know immediately if it worked or not. That's what I did.)

2. While the content is playing, press the * key on your Roku remote

3. Go to Volume Mode and select off

That's it. It fixed the soud immediately.

olemiss74
Streaming Star

Well, I am unable to get this sound leveling off solution to work for me.  So frustrating!  I've tried it several times and have left the sound leveling to the off position.  But, no sound.  Sure wish I could figure it out as you did.  

0 Kudos
Rhering254
Reel Rookie

While trying to airplay from Apple devices, the sound does not work. I have attempted to adjust the volume in settings. I have seen advice to adjust from Stereo > Auto > Off, and all do not produce any volume.

I have also attempted to change the sound using the * button (as advised in thread), but that also produces no sound. 
I have a few different devices that I have tried to airplay. iPhone X, IPhone 14, and iPad 7

All running latest iOS 17.2.1

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rhering254,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We'd love to investigate further this issue that you're having with AirPlay. May we know if this is happening on all channels or apps that you're playing? Could you provide us with the software version of your Roku device or TV by going to settings, system, and about? Have you tried restarting your Roku and phone to see if that will fix the issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rhering254
Reel Rookie

Yes. I posted this originally:

We are having the same issue with our Roku. 

Roku device model: 3820 streaming stick 4K
Serial number: X017001UMKMS
Device ID: S08Y422UMKMS
Software (OS/version): 12.5.0 build 4178-CU

Tracker ID: MS-007-451

When attempting to airplay any content from iPhones and iPads, there is no sound. I have restarted all devices, adjusting audio settings for Roku device (that are listed in my other post), tried different apps and methods to play videos, and I still can’t hear anything. Please let me know if you need any other specific information from me.
0 Kudos