Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No sound using Apple Airplay on Roku Express 3960X

Hi @JellyBelly64, @Rhering254,

We appreciate you providing these details here in the Roku Community!

We have already forwarded your concern along with your information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to fix the issue as soon as we can.

@Rhering254,

Please provide the troubleshooting steps you have taken to try resolving the issue so we can determine on our end what we can do to further assist. We also need to know the brand, model, and software version of the mobile or computer device that you are using when using Airplay.
We anticipate your response.
Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JellyBelly64
Channel Surfer

• Checked the volume was up on TV 
  • Checked TV wasn't muted
  • Confirmed Airplay is set up
  • Confirmed device connect is enabled
  • Restarted devices
  • Roku system restart
  • Changed Digital output format to stereo (was set to auto - and I reset it to auto)
  • Tried all preferred audio streaming formats  (Dolby, DTS, auto)

It must be the device because I don't have any issues with Airplay on the other roku (Expres 3930X) I have that's attached to another TV nor did I have problem with the Roku I had before this one. (I bought this one a few months ago and the audio never worked with Airplay from day 1.)

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@JellyBelly64,

Thanks for the update, and sorry for the late response!

I have passed this along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We'll make sure to drop in here once we have an available update about this.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tangotee
Reel Rookie

Re: No sound when using AirPlay

Thank you, it worked after I rebooted the Roku stick on an old LG tv made in 2007.

0 Kudos
tangotee
Reel Rookie

Re: No sound when using AirPlay

Thanks. The problem came back & I saw your post. It worked when I sound level to “Off” instead of “Leveling” or “Night”. 

0 Kudos
JellyBelly64
Channel Surfer

Hi, what's the latest update? I really need Airplay to work.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@JellyBelly64,

We apologize for the trouble and the extended wait for a resolution.

Please be aware that there are presently no updates regarding this, as it is still being looked at.

When further details become available, we'll make sure to check in again to see how things work out.

I appreciate your understanding.

With regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JellyBelly64
Channel Surfer

When can I roughly expect to hear from you? Another week? 6 months?

0 Kudos
olemiss74
Streaming Star

I have this same problem using Apple AirPlay on Roku 4K Streaming Stick 3820X.  Using AirPlay to cast from my MacBook Pro A2442 to an old Mitsubishi dumb TV, I get no sound even though the video works fine.  Sound checks have been done on both the MacBook and the TV and work fine on both devices except during AirPlay.  No amount of troubleshooting has resolved this problem.  Please advise.  

0 Kudos
gbstanton
Channel Surfer

I solved this problem on my setup by selecting a streaming program with the remote the hitting the star/asterisk button on my Roku Express controller and selecting the choice of turning OFF Sound Leveling. After that and since, I have had no problem streaming from a USB disk in my MacAir (OS Monterey) to my LG TV linked by ARC to an Onkyo receiver.