Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nzamic

Re: No sound when using AirPlay

Spoiler
My airplay sound wouldn't work for over a month and I spent two days on the phone with apple trying absolutely everything, resetting disconnecting, and reconnecting every device even my wifi and this is the only thing that worked. So thank you @mpwagner ! I have no idea why this works but it did for me. 
0 Kudos
Youngraab

Settings> audio> audio output: stereo 

disable Dolby digital / auto audio

0 Kudos
gbstanton
Channel Surfer

Have same problem of playing movie via AirPlay/MacOS12.6.5/MacBookAir/Roku Express/LG476700LM. Video transmits but Audio doesn't. Movie works fine on computer. Muting turned off

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for raising your concern here with us, @gbstanton!

We sincerely regret to hear about your experience. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

In this instance, we will be requesting additional reinforcement from our relevant team to further review your concern and fix this as soon as possible. Kindly provide us with the following details below so we can create a ticket effectively:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JellyBelly64
Channel Surfer

Re: No sound using Apple Airplay on Roku Express 3960X

Hi Rey, thanks for helping me out. Here you go:

• Device model - 3960X- Roku Express
  • Serial number - X02600KRFLOG
  • Device ID - S0KC335RFLOG
  • Tracker ID - Unable to get. Pressing the Home button automatically turns off screen mirroring upon the first press and the home menu reloads on each subsequent press. Back button doesn't do anything since I'm on the home screen.
  • Steps to reproduce: 1) Turn on Roku and TV; 2) On Mac/Iphone, tap double window to pull up screen mirroring; 3) Select Roku device
  • Experience: Airplay loads on Roku/TV. My laptop/phone screen mirrors as expected but there is no sound/audio. I have tried Chrome Version 120.0.6099.129 (Official Build) (x86_64) and Firefox 121.0, and i0S 17.1.2 (apps like Spotify and Safari browser). Imagine watching TV with no sound. There is no error message. That said, perhaps you can find something in this thread? I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/No-sound-when-using-AirPlay/td-p/903709
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@JellyBelly64,

Thanks for the update and for sharing with us this information.

You can also get the tracker ID by using your voice remote if you have one and saying "Issue ID."

Please keep us posted so I'll be able to add it to the ticket.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JellyBelly64
Channel Surfer

This model did not come with a voice remote

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JellyBelly64,

Thanks for the quick response!

What remote are you using to navigate your Roku device? Are you using a Roku mobile app? If yes, you can get the tracker ID with this app when this issue occurs. Just press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID.

We anticipate this detail.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JellyBelly64
Channel Surfer

Hello, I was able to use the mic on the app. 

Tracker ID: 0G-007-241

0 Kudos
Rhering254
Reel Rookie

We are having the same issue with our Roku. 

Roku device model: 3820 streaming stick 4K
Serial number: X017001UMKMS
Device ID: S08Y422UMKMS
Software (OS/version): 12.5.0 build 4178-CU

Tracker ID: MS-007-451
0 Kudos