Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonik
Reel Rookie

No sound effects while navigating home screen

The fun sound effects while navigating my home screen are gone. They came back for a few weeks and stopped again. I've tried going into settings and doing everything possible to menu audio, and I've changed theme packs, screensavers, wallpapers. I have a roku stick. Wish I knew how to fix this. Those sounds make using roku really fun now it's just silent😒

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No sound effects while navigating home screen

Hi @Tonik 

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We apologize for the late response about this issue with theme navigation.

If you're still seeing this issue, please get back here and let us know the information below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tonik
Reel Rookie

Hi there here is the information, 

Device model 3820X - Streaming Stick 4k

Serial number - X01700JUUUXH

Device ID - S08Y419UUUXH

Software version - 12.5.5 build 4174-CU

Tracker ID - XH-053-730

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Tonik,

Thanks for the update!

I'll share this information with the appropriate Roku team for an additional update.

We'll get back here and make sure to ping you on how things are going.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dg3591
Channel Surfer

Hello Rey,

I am having a somewhat similar problem with my Streamstick 4k+ 3810X which was purchased approximately and installed on my television 3 years (maybe 4) ago. I am wondering if the device has exhausted it's life expectancy. I have restarted the device almost every few days recently. And I have reset by disconnecting power and then bringing it back up. My issue is that as I navigate across channels on the main screen, I am hearing a delayed navigation sound, sometimes multiple navigation beeps and the visual movement is sometimes jittery or delayed. Unfortunately I know your response will come too late for me to take advantage of tthe sale Roku is having but depending on your answer I will possible be alert for the next sale.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dg3591,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your report about this and for your attempts at resolving it.
This seems a bit different, and we'd like to take a closer look into it.

Tell us more...

• When did you start seeing the issue occur?
  • Is this a sporadic case, or does it happen every time you access and navigate with the device?
  • In addition, have you tried setting this up on a different TV to see if that exerts the same behavior?

Share with us additional information so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dg3591
Channel Surfer

Hello Rey, it's hard for me to pinpoint when this issue started. But I want to say it had to be at least about a month ago. And as I said for me the issue was both a delayed navigation sound or an decreasing volume echo of the sound And jittery movement across channels while navigating.

However since writing to you, as strange technically as it might be I seem to have resolved it by reverting back to the default theme. Previously I had a custom theme where I had selected the Earth Space wallpaper, Space sounds and Clock screensaver. After going back to the Roku default theme with the clock screensaver both navigation issues have stopped. Prior I had not tried the device on another TV but had restarted it and reset it by the reset button and powering down and up; all of that having none or only a temporary effect.

Technically it may not sound quite appropriate but I do think it may very well have to do with some of the theme packs, wall papers, sounds and screensavers not adjusting to updates on the device. Not really willing to cause the issue again, other than selecting the clock screensaver I have stayed with the default theme and so far so good. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@dg3591,

Thanks for your prompt response and for the extra details!

I presumed too! If you try switching the theme packs again with the one you noticed having the problem, could you perhaps share a Tracker ID with us?

Here's how you can get it: Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dg3591
Channel Surfer

Hi Rey, I have switched everything back to how I had it set up before the issues started. I know it's probably too soon to tell as right now it seems okay. I will give it a few days, a week or so and see if the issues start again. And if they do, I will try to get you a tracker. Unless the issues do pop up sooner I will be snoozing the email so I remember to check after some time.

Thank you for your communication and support. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@dg3591,

Thanks for the update!

We've got your back here, and please do let us know or this thread on how things going.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos