Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DbJaxn
Reel Rookie

No private listening through Android App

Has this issue been resolved @Isolette because I am experiencing the same issue.  When I select the "headphone" icon in Roku app, the audio from my television becomes silent through TV, but does NOT work through mobile device.  I have Samsung S22 Ultra Running Android version 13. 

I removed Roku app from phone then installed again.  Running Roku app version 9.10.1.2783652

Roku device is Roku Stik 3600K. Serial #5S671J205422 Software Version 12.5.0

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No private listening through Android App

Hi, @DbJaxn

Thanks for posting here in the Roku community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we would be more than glad to assist. Have you made sure that your mobile device is not on mute, silent, or disables any audio? Also, when did you first encounter this issue occur?

With more details, we can assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DbJaxn
Reel Rookie

The mobile device is definitely not muted or silenced and private listening DOES work when I switch to a different Roku device in my home.

I have been having this issue for a couple of months.  Prior to that, I had not used this device for a while.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DbJaxn,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Have you tried restarting your Roku device as well to see if it helps? To restart, please navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

To resolve and isolate this issue, have you tried looking at our Support resources and following the steps to help resolve the private listening issue? How to resolve an issue with private listening | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos