Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Isolette

No private listening through Android App

While private listening is working for me through the iOS Roku app on my iPhone, when my roommate tries to use it on the app on his Android phone, he gets no sound (and the Bluetooth headphones are connected and working with other apps on his phone), and then after 5 or so seconds the signal on the headphones icon goes off and the sound comes back on the TV. We are using the 3600X Roku Stick, and all software on the stick and both phones is up to date.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No private listening through Android App

Hi @Isolette,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community! 

We'd be more than happy to take a closer look at your concern and find the best resolution. May we know what brand is your roommate's Android mobile phone? We suggest trying to delete the app, restart the phone, and then re-install the app. Furthermore, make sure to connect your mobile phone to the same network connection as your Roku streaming stick. 

If you can't still use the private listening feature on your roommate's Android mobile phone, kindly provide us with the model type and the app version of it. We'll be looking forward to your update as we are committed to finding a solution to this concern.

Thanks,
Carly 

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No private listening through Android App

@Isolette-

Per this Roku blog article from 2016, remote listening through the Roku app was first introduced with the Streaming Stick 3600, and mentions both iOS and Android.

Just tried it on the Streaming Stick 3600 I use for travel, running Roku 12.0 build 4184-24, which it says is up to date.   Remote listening didn't work for me, either.  Edit:  It shuts off using the TV speaker, but doesn't send sound to the phone.

No problem on my other installed Roku's, Streaming Sticks 3810 and 3821, and TCL Roku TV.

Samsung A42 5G phone running Android 13, Roku Remote app version 1.28

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X