Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No Airplay connect code appearing on Roku

@Jaida_247

Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting steps regarding Airplay, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page here: How do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted if you are experiencing an issue and how to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
movieln2

When I went to airplay, it want a code.  It did not say for first time only.

0 Kudos
MikeHealey

Re: AirplAy

I hit airplay on my iPhone and it brings me airplay and HomeKit settings to set it up. I scan the QR code but it does not recognize it. All settings that are suppose to be on, are on.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: AirplAy

@MikeHealey wrote:

I hit airplay on my iPhone and it brings me airplay and HomeKit settings to set it up. I scan the QR code but it does not recognize it. All settings that are suppose to be on, are on.

This appears to be a recurring issue with the AirPlay2 support, however:

1) Check for Updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now (should be 10.0.0-4195 or later) - try again

2) Disable & Re-enable WiFi on the Apple devices - try again

3) Restart all devices (Rokus, Apples, router/modem) - try again

4) Reset the paired devices: Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit/Require Code/Reset Paired Devices - try again

5) Setup HomeKit: Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit/Setup HomeKit - try again

6) Switch either Rokus or Apples from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz, or from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz - try again

7) Switch Roku's display output to 1080p - try again

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@movieln2

Thanks for the post.

It looks like users in this thread had experienced the same issue and provided steps to resolve their issue. Have you read the previous posts to see if they help?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Under settings, there is no Airplay tab; but only Apple airplay and HomeKit. When selected, it says you’ll be redirected to Apple airplay and HomeKit settings for setup, but that doesn’t work. 
from my iPhone control panel, my Roku tv is recognized. I touch on it to connect and mirror. It then asks for a code, but no code displays on the tv. It then takes you to Roku screen mirroring app for $3.99, and app doesn’t work.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Apple2RowKoo

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Before you can use AirPlay with your Roku device, make sure that your Apple device and Roku device are on the same wireless network. Once they are, you can use the steps below to view content on your TV using AirPlay.

1. On your Apple device, find the video, song, photo, or podcast you wish to share.
  2. Tap or click the AirPlay video icon in video apps, or the AirPlay audio icon in music and other audio apps.
    • Note: With some apps, you may need to tap or click the Share icon before you will see the AirPlay icon.
  3. Select your Roku device from the AirPlay menu.

Once playback begins, you can pause, fast forward, and rewind from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, or you can use your Roku remote.

For more information, you can check out this link: How do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming device?

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

I’ve been trying for months. The reality is they don’t genuinely care about this. ROKU doesn’t want to inform you that. If they cared they might have looked after this as quickly as Joe Rogan introduced that the video might be removed from YouTube and other source.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @barlise33ss22

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Are you experiencing issues with Airplay as this thread's title says? Please tell us more about it. 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bonecrusher69
Reel Rookie

The settings are as you defined.  The first time I tried airplay on my Roku TV, it worked just fine.  However, each subsequent time, it continued to ask for a code.  But my Roku TV no longer displays a code to enter.  I’ve tried multiple combinations but can’t get a code.  I tried to re-enter the same code I entered successfully the first time, but that doesn’t work either.  Do I have to reset my Roku TV back to factory setting?  I hate to do that after spending so much effort to set things up.  I can successfully use Appleplay with my Apple TV and may continue to do that rather than a factory reset of the Roku TV.

0 Kudos