Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Category section on Home Screen

The new category section on the home screen ruins the simple Roku Home Screen concept. The main reason I use Roku for my streaming is the simplicity of the Home Screen visually. It litters it up and makes it look as bad as Fire Stick. Very disappointing.

Labels (1)
12 REPLIES 12
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Category section on Home Screen

Hi @steamsweat1234,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you providing your suggestions, and we value your feedback. We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. We'll pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input. This has been noted, and if you need anything else, please let us know.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GaryLF

I came home from a trip and found “categories” and “browse”. And so far I can’t seem to delete this **bleep**. Seriously, I last cooked a meal in the 1980s why  the **bleep** would I want “all things food”?  
Please tell me how to delete this? Otherwise I’ll have to either install a PC into an HDMI input and replace your silly ass interface or replace ROKU. But first I thought I’d see if you’d like to correct this ROKU flaw. Cheers. 

Maliska
Streaming Star

roku-recommended-12-4-23.jpg

Maliska
Streaming Star

@RokuEuniceL 

With all due respect, you can eat a bag of d***ks.

Your **bleep** ass answer means nothing to customer who have been dealing with this **bleep**.

Ed1965

If you "value our input" like you say you do, then get rid of this unwanted garbage on our screens. We don't want it.

Understand? Stop forcing your unwanted trash on us. All you manage to do is get people annoyed.

WE DON'T WANT IT!!!!!

Couldn't make it any more clearer than that.

reloftin
Reel Rookie

I strongly suspect that this state of affairs is more a marketing decision than a technical one, since the ability to show and hide other items and grouping on the Home screen has been available for quite a while.  It will be interesting to see the reaction from whoever the decision-making department is.

After all, it's not like people are going to turn this off and never look at it again.  I am a user for about 10 years, and I will occasionally turn on the stuff that I have hidden to see what the current offerings and suggestions are.  You should also point out to the marketing folk that there is a significant part of the user community that does NOT appreciate being treated like mindless sheep by having this type of thing forced upon us.

Maliska
Streaming Star

@reloftin

I agree with you 100%

Most often when these things show up I'll even go take a look and then decide whether I want it to be hidden. I'll be honest all things food actually kind of interests me but I refuse to look at it now until they give me the option to take it away.

Cjonesthom
Streaming Star

You guys! Any time they force a new category on us on the Home page menu, it’s REALLY easy to fix! Go to Settings—-Home Screen—-then you can choose SHOW or HIDE the Menu Items one by one! Voilâ! Simplicity is restored! 

0 Kudos
Cjonesthom
Streaming Star

0 Kudos