Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NurseSarbear
Reel Rookie

Netflix and Prime won't open

My Roku TV keeps saying not enough storage space when I try to open my Netflix and Prime app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps. I have cleared the caches on my TV. I have done a factory reset. I have deleted all apps but those ones.  I have done a software update. Nothing is working. It was fine 2 days ago and now it's not. Can anyone help me please?!?! 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NETFLIX AND PRIME WON'T OPEN

@NurseSarbear 

What is the exact message you're getting? Can you transcribe it or upload a screen shot? Don't paraphrase; please provide the exact wording of the entire message.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
NurseSarbear
Reel Rookie

I can't get a pic to send but this is what it says everytime I try to open the Netflix or Prime app 

Could not add Netflix there is not enough space to add the selected channel. Please remove 1 or more of your installed channels and try again. 

Which I have done. That doesn't work. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@NurseSarbear 

Yikes. I know you said you did a factory reset. Did you do that via the menu system where you enter the four digits on the screen?

If not, try this before you do a menu-based factory reset.

1. Remove one of the apps.
  2. Reboot the Roku TV via Settings > System > Power > Restart
  3. Reinstall the app.

All three steps in order. Apart from that, we may need to get @RokuDanny-R , @RokuMary-F , or @RokuKariza-D involved.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
NurseSarbear
Reel Rookie

I did a factory reset via the menu on the home screen and I did it 3 times. I uninstalled and reinstalled the apps 5 times. I cleared the caches for them 5 times. I unhooked all the wires and cables and unplugged it and connected everything back up again. I even deleted all apps but Netflix and Prime and it still says I don't have any space left. I also did a software update on my TV that did not help either.  It was working just fine 2 days ago. I was in the middle of watching a movie on Netflix when I got kicked out. When I tried to go back in that's the message I got. Then prime started to do it. All the other apps I have (Paramount, peacock, Tubi, Discovery plus, Disney plus and IMDb) work just fine. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@NurseSarbear 

Looking back over Down Detector, both Netflix and Prime Video had corresponding spikes in reported outages, but neither was large. Both are still showing higher than normal outage reports, about twice normal, but less than earlier.

I'm not saying that's the problem, and that your Roku TV is fine, but I am simply reporting what I'm seeing. I actually think it's the TV. If it was Amazon Web Services, that could account for those two being problematic, but there would be a lot of other services impacted to.

I'm thinking the Roku Mods may be the best option right now.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@NurseSarbear  There is no such thing as “ clear cache” on a Roku device or TV. Roku does not make TVs. They make the operating system and sell it to manufacturers such as TCL, Sharp or Hisense. Who manufactured your TV? Did you purchase it within the past 12 months? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@NurseSarbear

Thanks for the post.

As a last resort, we would recommend the following:

1. remove all channels on your Roku TV

2. factory reset your TV

3. after re-activating your TV, try adding back one of the channels you are experiencing the issue with (not both).

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
-image of the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
NurseSarbear
Reel Rookie

Thank you so much, that worked. My Netflix and Prime work now. I appreciate the help. 

Blessings

0 Kudos