Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NEW HOME SCREEN - "ON NOW"

I will not use colorful language that I might want to use. I hate this feature. Please let us turn it off.

erics1987

Same issue here I hate this feature, and it's enough for me to never buy another roku product if it isn't fixed.  It seems like many other people feel the same way.

Annoyed_2
Channel Surfer

This is a terrible change. The simple home screen was one of the reasons I choose roku as my streaming stick of choice and this new "On Now" section totally ruins this.

If there isn't a way to remove or hide this new "feature" then I will have to get rid of my all my Roku's and tell everyone I know to avoid this garbage. Firesticks are cheaper then Roku's anyways and you can also customize the home screen on them. 

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users,

We regret hearing about this experience. We sincerely value your input, and rest assured, we'll let our appropriate team know about this.

If you have other inquiries or issues you'd like us to address, please let us know or feel free to create a separate thread.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
ericanbill

Ditto to all other comments about not liking new on now section.  If I wanted live TV I would have cable TV and not a Roku where I can watch from my apps what I want to watch. Please give option to move from top.

uknow731
Reel Rookie

Please allow an option to turn off the on now section of the Home Screen thanks

Rob62

So annoying!  Let us customize our own Home Screen!  Sick of this.  Also let us turn off the Ads!  I live in Utah so I get  Mormon ads! 

Prof_hoo
Reel Rookie

You can customize the home screen on the firestick? 

Emissary35
Roku Guru

The only thing I want to see on the home screen are the apps I've installed! I don't want Roku forcing junk rows of things I don't want to see! This never should have been added without the ability to turn it off or hide it just like the other things in the Home Screen settings section. Very stupid of Roku to force this without the ability to get rid of it. Give us the option to turn it off now!

TorianEC
Streaming Star

Please refer, if you can, to my post here:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/Software-update-1-2-5-0-build-4175-C2/m-p/91...

Adding my own comments to this. Roku Ultra 2022; started happening with update 12.5.0 build 4178-C2

I suspect this is a global change to the home screen; asking which device is rather useless, politely speaking. Hope this helps.

This issue should be merged was the one I posted above or directed to the appropriate customer service moderator with a notation on the original one.

Customers deserve the right to be able to turn off features that they do not want in every circumstance.

Thank you for your comments above. Appreciate your help.