Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express not getting update

Jump to solution

@Express3 

You're new to Roku aren't you?

Roku updates to a new OS will come when they come. If you have multiple devices, they may not all get them at the same time. You can't force it, or jump line. You'll get it when you get it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
NYJack
Streaming Star

Roku Won’t Update to 10.5 from 10.0

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TV, Roku Stream Bar & 2 Roku Express+ units. The ONLY one that successfully updated to 10.5 is the Roku TV. The problem that the 10.5 update appears to have fixed on my Roku TV was also occurring on these other devices which stay on 10.0 when I try to update them say that everything is up to date. 

What’s up with that?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: Roku Won’t Update to 10.5 from 10.0

Jump to solution

Roku rolls out system updates, unit by unit, via some schedule known only to Roku. If you have more than one Roku, each unit may become eligible for the update at a different time, even if they are the same Roku model.  There is nothing you can do to hurry the eligibility of any given unit. 

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
SRQtech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have three Roku Streaming Stick Plus 3810X with 10.0.0 build 4209-50. I have been unable to find a list of Roku models that are eligible for the 10.5 update. You think Roku would list all the models on their OS software release notes page (https://support.roku.com/article/228844467).

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@SRQtech-

Supported Roku devices receiving Roku OS 10.5 per this Roku Support Page are:

• Roku Streaming Players and Streambars – 9102X, 9101X, 9100X, 4801X, 4800X, 4670X, 4662X, 4661X, 4660X, 4640X, 4630X, 4620X, 4400X, 4230X, 4210X, 4200X, 3941X, 3940X, 3931X, 3930X, 3921X, 3920X, 3910X, 3900X, 3821X, 3820X, 3811X, 3810X, 3800X, 3710X, 3700X, 3600X, 3500X, 2720X, 2710X, 2700X.
  • Roku TV – All Roku TV models are expected to receive Roku OS 10.5.

You can check your Roku model number via Roku menu path Settings > System > About.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DJ-Greg-G
Channel Surfer

Re: My device has not updated to OS 10.5?

Jump to solution

I completely agree in fact the reason why I want to update is so I could actually buy more speakers and have more surroundsound so Roku is actually losing money by not giving me the update I have the stream bar pro top-of-the-line unit I have a subwoofer I even have the two rear speakers but apparently with 10.5 roku allows you to  add two more speakers in the front to truly make it a 5.1 surround sound system. I can’t do this with the version 10.0 It does not make any sense

chriscox
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I know everyone "thinks" they want this update.  But I know for a fact that it is BREAKING channels (for a fact).  Tablo in particular breaks with this update.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that Roku OS 10.5 has begun rolling out to select Roku players and is expected to roll out to all supported streaming devices, including the all-new Roku Streaming Stick 4K, Roku Streaming Stick 4K+, and all Roku TV models in the coming weeks.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
chriscox
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Inevitable train wreck approaches, sigh.

Frustrating.  Hoping that Tablo can fix their issues (guessing it's their issue)

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@chriscox 

I received my 10.5 update overnight. Tablo (version 2.17 build 0) is working for me. That is, I can watch live TV and have played back recordings. What functions didn't work for you?

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos