Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
countrylizzard
Binge Watcher

My New tv doesn't have the latest software update 12.5.5 but my old tv from 2020 does

I recently got a new roku tv because my other one died. We have 2 roku tvs both hisense and I noticed when I got my new tv which is also hisense it didnt have the latest software update. Whereas the other tv that is still working does. Funny thing is this new tv came out in 2023 and the older tv came out in 2020. The older tv has 12.5.5 and my new tv only has 12.5.0 i keep checking manually for updates but so far nothing. Maybe my new tv isnt elgible for 12.5.5 update?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Whiskey3

Re: My New tv doesn't have the latest software update 12.5.5 but my old tv from 2020 does

I have the same issue, as does my son at his home. Seems to be a common problem. Anyone know what is going on?

countrylizzard
Binge Watcher

Re: My New tv doesn't have the latest software update 12.5.5 but my old tv from 2020 does

Well roku told me its normal for new tvs not to have the latest software and that eventually the software will come out just gotta wait. Something about new units havent hit the new tvs yet 

0 Kudos
countrylizzard
Binge Watcher

Looks like they finally updated the software to 13 the only problem now is when you go to see the software version it still says its 12.5 when it should say 13. I know this because my other tv updated and both tvs have all the new features and the other tv says its 13. Must be a glitch or something 

0 Kudos