Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moneyslinger
Reel Rookie

Model RC118 Stick Specifications?

Jump to solution

Hello, trying to find the specs for my RC118 stick so I understand what it is capable of outputting...but cannot find anything anywhere...?

I did find this developer page and Model RC1187 is not even listed. I just purchased it about 2 years ago. Does anyone have a source?? All help is appreciated!!!

https://developer.roku.com/docs/specs/hardware.md

Thx

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Model RC118 Stick Specifications?

Jump to solution

The rc118 is the on-screen remote model number of the RC80 remote which came with 3600 Roku stick. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

atc98092

Re: Model RC118 Stick Specifications (ROKU device 3600X)?

Jump to solution

The 3600 is an older player, released in Apr 2016. Compared to newer players, it's lacking power, memory and channel storage space. It is still supported, but it might seem a bit sluggish. Most all of the latest channels should work on it. It is a 1080 player, not 4K. It will bitstream Dolby Digital and DTS when connected to a compatible AV receiver. Be aware that Roku only supports DTS audio in the MKV and TS/M2TS containers. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

When I google those part numbers, I get remote controls, but neither are for Roku.

atc98092

Jump to solution

I'm pretty sure the RC118 is the remote model number, not the Roku Stick. Roku players all have model numbers with four digits. The earliest Stick is the 3400, which is MHL based and only works on displays with an MHL jack, which looks identical to an HDMI jack but differs electronically. The newest Stick is the 3820/3821, which offers 4K/Dolby Vision support. There's a huge gap between the oldest and newest models. 

For the time you've owned it, you likely have the 3800/3810. The 3810 supports 4K/HDR but not DV, while the 3800 is 1080. It has an improved WiFi antenna compared to older Sticks. The 3810 also has more memory for operations and channel storage than the 3800.

Dan

Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

The rc118 is the on-screen remote model number of the RC80 remote which came with 3600 Roku stick. 

Edmund

I am not a Roku employee.
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@moneyslinger 

As others have said, that's the model number of the remote, not the Roku device. @Tivoburkee is correct about the remote and the device. He's the go-to guy for that info.

However, if you ever want to confirm the model number of your Roku, you can go to Settings > System > About

The Roku model name and number -- number is important, not so much the name -- and the Roku OS version will be on that screen.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
moneyslinger
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you very much,

I finally found the device info and it is the 3600X for sure.

I do see Dolby and DTS audio options so assume the device will output surround sound once I hook up to SS audio system

Thanks for all your help!

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

The 3600 is an older player, released in Apr 2016. Compared to newer players, it's lacking power, memory and channel storage space. It is still supported, but it might seem a bit sluggish. Most all of the latest channels should work on it. It is a 1080 player, not 4K. It will bitstream Dolby Digital and DTS when connected to a compatible AV receiver. Be aware that Roku only supports DTS audio in the MKV and TS/M2TS containers. 

Dan

moneyslinger
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Awesome....that helps A LOT!

Released in April 2016?

FYI I purchased this from Roku on Amazon on 12/9/2018 - 2 1/2 years later!

Goes to show you you have to be careful with the models we're buying.

It's working fine for what I need.

Thanks to everyone for all the great help!

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I see old model Rokus on amazon right now, but they aren't "Sold by Amazon".  You have to pay attention to some fairly fine print to notice who actually sells a product on Amazon.