Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timfg
Reel Rookie

Mirroring / casting no longer working

Hello people

I've had a Roku Premiere for several years, which I use little, although I do occasionally use it to throw some pictures or Powerpoints onto the TVs (it's plugged into a 2-zone AV amp) from my phone or laptop.  I haven't done so for a while - and I now find it's not working. On my Android phone, the device often fails to show up in the list of available devices; when it does, much more often than not the connection fails (but not always - on the few occasions it's worked, it's entirely performant, once connected). On my Windows 11 PC, the list of available devices has only contained the Roku once - and it refused to connect. 

All the devices in the equation are on the same 192.168.0.xxx network.  In fact, they're all connected to the same WAP, which hangs off the router.

I have disabled all the firewalls that might block Miracast: no joy.
I have power-cycled my router and WAP, several times; no joy.
I have reset the network connection on the Roku: no joy
I have factory reset the Roku: no joy

It is more than irritating that it does, very occasionally, work from my phone.  I have not got it to work from my Windows 11 laptop since I discovered it had these recent issues.

What do I do next??

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Mirroring / casting no longer working

Hi @timfg,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for reaching us about this experience you had when using screen mirroring. We'd like to better understand this. 

Could you please share with us the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About
  • Mobile/laptop device brand, model, and OS
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
timfg
Reel Rookie

Device model 3920EU Roku Premiere

Serial number YH00GT471598

Device ID 06298G471598

Software OS/version 12.5.0 . build 4178-91

Mobile/laptop device brand, model, and OS

• Asus Zenbook, Windows 11
  • One Plus 10 Pro Android Phone, Android 13
  • Also same for other family iPhones

Tracker ID 98-490-377

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@timfg,

Thanks for the update and for sharing this information.

I'll forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We'll make sure to forward any update here on how things turn out.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kstaffo
Channel Surfer

Mirroring / casting no longer working

I have a 32" Onn Roku tv and an Onn 7" tablet. I had the tablet set up to cast/mirror to the tv but now it will not. I did a factory reset on the tv, reset up everything, checked all settings on the tablet, but the Onn tv does not show up in the list on the tablet. I have 2 other different brand of tv's that do show up on the tablet but not the Onn tv. What now

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to cast or mirror to Onn tv from Onn tablet

Hi @Kstaffo,

Welcome, and thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having an issue casting your Roku TV on your device, and we're here to help. Is there an error message? Have you tried any troubleshooting, and what didn't apply?

Share with us more information about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
timfg
Reel Rookie

Any news on this?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @timfg

Thanks for getting back to us.

We appreciate you for inquiring about updates regarding the screen mirroring/casting not working on your Roku device. An update was forwarded to the appropriate Roku team that is handling this case. Once more information is acquired from them, we'll provide an update here.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kstaffo
Channel Surfer

I have a 32" Onn Roku tv and an Onn 7" tablet. I had the tablet set up to cast/mirror to the tv but now it will not. I did a factory reset on the tv, reset up everything, checked all settings on the tablet, but the Onn tv does not show up in the list on the tablet. I have 2 other different brand of tv's that do show up on the tablet but not the Onn tv. What now

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Kstaffo,

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing additional information about this.

In this case, we'll need to take a closer look into this and proceed. Please provide us with the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Mobile/tablet device brand, model, and OS

We'll be able to flag the appropriate Roku team once this information is available.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos