Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob-Household
Reel Rookie

Mirror From Roku to Computer

Is it possible to mirror from Roku Tv to a computer? I know Roku can mirror from computer to Tv but I want to do it the other way around. Is it possible for my Tv scene to be mirrored to my computer, Mac or Windows; it doesn't matter to me. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Mirror From Roku to Computer

A Roku TV or a Roku device does not output anything. So you want to see your Roku in your computer? But you can see your computer in your Roku. Exactly what are you trying to accomplish? Is there a certain channel you are watching on your Roku that you wan to watch on your computer? I found this article by doing a Google search 

https://streamersworld.com/connect-roku-computer/#:~:text=Connect%20the%20video%20capture%20device%2....

0 Kudos
Rob-Household
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the feedback. However, I was looking for something a little different. For example: If I had friends or family over and they were watching something on tv, while I was in another room. I could open up my laptop and somehow view what was on the TV they were watching on my computer. But I appreciate your input!

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Well now that you gave more information. So you want to be able to watch whatever your family is watching when your in another room but on your laptop. That’s why I asked if it was a specific channel. Like if they were watching Netflix on your Roku in the living you can watch Netflix on your laptop simply by going to Netflix.com and logging in. Same goes for Disney+ and channels. But what your talking about isn’t mirroring. If you mirror something you can not longer use that device cause it’s mirrored. What your asking is something like remote access. People can log into various computers and have remote access to that computer from another computer. You can’t do that on a Roku. Are you trying to monitor what others are watching? Or just simultaneously watch something even though your in a different room. Netflix actually has the option for people to watch simultaneously from other areas. Party watch. That started back during the pandemic

0 Kudos
Rob-Household
Reel Rookie

Okay, understood. Thanks for the clarification! Long story short, assuming I understand this correctly; I can't have my TV being projected on my computer, while still allowing the TV to be viewed at the same time. Maybe in a future roku TV, that'll become a thing. 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Exactly but I highly doubt it will be a future add on or setting. You would have to be able to type in a web address which would allow you to see your Roku from your laptop. That most likely will never happen due to security issues and privacy issues. Some might thing one is spying 

0 Kudos