Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
berrenty

Menu Screen Randomly Rearranging

Yes the exact same thing is happening to me with the same scenario ( no one else has access to account - smh that others here would question that ) In the past I've noticed a channel moving over a spot when Roku adds a channel automatically but lately the menu locations are jumping around wildly for no apparent reason.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
JoeCommenter
Channel Surfer

Re: Menu Screen Randomly Rearranging

This problem had disappeared for awhile, but just returned a week ago for me. I rotate streaming services on a monthly basis and normally keep icons for active services at the top of my home screen and icons for inactive services at the bottom. My most recent change was ending HBOMax and restarting Hulu, but now, every day or two, I see my Roku Ultra has moved HBOMax back to the top and Hulu back to the bottom. It's a minor annoyance to keep correcting this, but it seems like it should be a simple thing for Roku to fix permanently.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @berrenty,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing with your Roku device. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

Just to verify, how many Roku devices do you have linked to your Roku account?

Please be aware that if a channel is added to one Roku device, it will add that channel to all Roku devices that are linked to that Roku account (as long as that Roku device is supported by the channel).

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@JoeCommenter 

I actually keep my most used channels/apps in the first two rows and the last two rows on home screen.  That way I can just arrow up to the last two rows. (rather than scrolling all the way to the bottom).

My least used channels/apps are just somewhere in the middle.

---

As to your specific issue, the only real time I notice a channel or two moved around is after a Roku update (new OS or build number).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Annoyed58
Reel Rookie

I've recently encountered a similar error on one of my Roku Ultra devices.

When I try to re-arrange things, and I move an app to a new spot, it doesn't stay where I put it. It ends up in the row above or below where I put it.

Anyone else see this? This is a 2019 model unit. I have several other Roku devices, and a Roku TV, and no problems with them.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Annoyed58,

A salutation there in the Roku Community!

We thank you for raising this concern of yours, and we definitely want to provide you with assistance. As a start, let's fix this by performing a system restart on your Roku device. To do this, navigate to Settings > System > Power (skip if not available) System Restart. After this, kindly check and reproduce the commands you've made with your Roku device to see if the issue persists.

Let us know about how it goes.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Annoyed58
Reel Rookie

Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.....

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

HI @Annoyed58,

Thanks for raising your concern here at the Roku Community!

No worries. We'd be more than willing to find you the best resolution possible. Just to confirm, is there anyone else you know who has access to your Roku account? How many devices are currently linked to your Roku account? In addition, did all of your devices experience the same issue? 

Once we have a more precise grasp of the situation, we will be able to recommend the appropriate next steps. We'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos