Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicole0506

Main control of roku in my home

Ok so somehow my childrens tv is the main Roku and if anything gets deleted of their tv it deletes on all of them... How do i fix this because frankly i dont want adult channels on their tv. Not to mention it wont lock... Please help

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Main control of roku in my home

Sorry, but that's just the way it works.  There is no "main" Roku.  Any channel/app added or removed from one Roku device will get added or removed from all Roku devices linked to the same Roku account.  Plenty of complaints have been filed over the years, but Roku seems to have no interest in changing the way it works.  If you want different channels/apps on different devices you must link them to separate Roku accounts.  The downside to having multiple Roku accounts is that any subscription/purchase paid through Roku will only be available on the device(s) linked to that account.  That's one reason why it's usually best to subscribe directly with the various provider, not through Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.